Still can't get Privateer to even run...

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
I've tried everything! I really want to play this game... Here's what I have to run the game when I boot up my computer:

638 000+ bytes of conventional memory
5 MB EMS
5 MB XMS
CD-ROM driver (It's the CD-ROM version)
Mouse driver

To recap, here's what happens when I type "PRIV" (minus the quotes) at the DOS prompt:

Error loading executable.

JEMM unloaded.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks to any who read this repeat of my earlier message...

------------------

§

Sorry... no idea. Maybe it's the sound card settings? I know that Priv doesn't start up if you misconfigure the sound card, but it probably gives a different message. Still, what the heck. Try setting it up not to use a sound card at all, and then see if it will run.

I tried that too... still nothing. Gives the same error message. I tried contacting tech support at EA, but I've gotten no reply. I really want to try Privateer, especially since I'm almost finished Special Operations 2 for the first time.
smile.gif

------------------

§

Last edited by a moderator:
And you've tried all the obvious solutions like re-installing?

Other than that, the best you can do is wait a few weeks for Stinger to come back. If he can't help, no one here can.

heh... well, let me put it this way. If I installed it now, it would be the tenth time I've reinstalled the game. Stupid thing... I was wondering if the file was corrupted, but I'm not sure.

------------------

§

No, the CD is immaculate. Installation goes through without a hitch. I don't know what it could be... are the .TRE files supposed to be in the root directory of the CD? I doubt that's a problem, but it's something that lingered in the back of my mind...

------------------

§

The .TRE files are where they're supposed to be. Can you try installing on a different computer?

Back