So who's completed it yet? *SPOILERS*

FireFly

Spaceman
:D

I completed all the objectives on the last mission,
even took out the Prince
, but something inside me tells me that I haven't done it all...

I got the
break-up between Sparrow and Bradshaw
ending.

The different endings also show different shots of the Confed fleet. In the middle ending the remaining fleet is much smaller.

It's not because we want our lives back, don't worry :p The reason why Standoff won't have multiplayer are that 1) game design hasen't been done with MP in mind, it'd probably break the balance of the game and 2) HCl is a very busy man, reappearing once a year or so, so we should be very thankfull to him for having multiplayer WCP at all ! :p

If we ever do another project, we'll consider MP then.

Once we fix the losing path bugs...I think a lot of people will like what they see at the end there as well.... :p

Actually ever since I finished the game it wont load up again, ~~~.

Should of pressed quit game instead of continue after all the dramatics.

My buddy is off in the Navy sailing around S. America but he's eagerly anticipating getting back to the States next month so he can play Standoff and a slew of other games. I wrote him this e-mail 'mini review' of Standoff, thought I'd post it in this thread too. Spoiler free for his benefit:

Finished standoff: spoiler free impressions

WORTH. THE. WAIT.

I "lost" episode 4 and so I had a whole different episode 5 than most people did. Won't reveal too much since I know you'll be playing in a month, but the guys really studied up on the Fleet Action novel and included a lot I had no idea that they would include, stuff I thought originally was too 'outside the scope' of the game. The alternate episode 5 is WELL worth playing. It's epic and has fanboy moments that made me giggle like a schoolgirl. Some damn cool characters from WCdom make appearances, that's all I'll say...

Going to replay the last few episode 4 missions to try and do better so I can get the other version of episode 5. That will be a whole different ballgame, completely different perspective on the Battle of Terra. There will be impressions on that too.

So what is the highest percentage you guys have gotten on destroying enemy missiles in the final mission on the beta path? (I got 95%)

100% on both. Yes it is possible, I made sure it was...you just have to figure out the tricks for it to happen...nothing to fancy just thinking like a true wing commander

Oh wow I didn't realise that losing ep4 would give a whole different ep5.

Duhh

If that's the case then back I go!

Oh wow I didn't realise that losing ep4 would give a whole different ep5.

Duhh

If that's the case then back I go!

Being on the losing path in Ep4 doesn't give you an different Ep5. There is a winning and losing path in Ep5. You access them by your performance in the Ep4 winning and losing paths (do poorly on the Ep4 winning path you go to Ep5 losing, and vice versa see my mission trees for clear picture)

Are there any endings where Sparrow and Bradshaw stay together?
If anyone's asking this question, then I guess we failed dismally with the story :(. Bradshaw doesn't stay together with Sparrow, because their getting back together was a huge mistake from Bradshaw's perspective. They don't work well together, if they stayed together, they'd quickly make each other miserable.

...Which means, I suppose, that you're right - there should be an alternative ending where Bradshaw does stay with Sparrow. A real "but you know this ended badly" downbeat ending :).

No, I don't think that alternate ending would've been a good idea. But on that "failed dismally with the story" I'd say the breakup dialogue would have needed something more. A bigger reaction from her, some arguing: "but I thought..."; "after everything we..."
A little more soap opera drama. Now it's slightly unclear for an absolute final breakup.

No, I don't think that alternate ending would've been a good idea. But on that "failed dismally with the story" I'd say the breakup dialogue would have needed something more. A bigger reaction from her, some arguing: "but I thought..."; "after everything we..."
A little more soap opera drama. Now it's slightly unclear for an absolute final breakup.
Yeah, but we weren't doing soap opera, we were doing film noir :). Besides, that's kind of missing the point -
it's not that they're breaking up again, it's more about Bradshaw deciding that he doesn't want to even start things up. It's not like WC2, where that Blair & Angel scene implied the start of a long-term relationship. Here, it was a one-off event that Sparrow pretty much foisted onto Bradshaw, either because that's what she happened to need, or because she wanted to kick-start things (one of the fun questions, to which nobody, including us, knows the answer - was Sparrow really so shaken up by Spoons' death? Was all that sobbing sincere, or...?). He spends Episode 5 dealing with the implications and possibilities, and finally, after talking to Sparrow, he decides he just doesn't want to go there, at all. Of course, whether or not they really stayed apart, we'll never know - I'd like to think Bradshaw was smart enough to stick to what he said, but I get the feeling that if they stayed on the same ship afterwards...

I've explored every story path, and no explanation of what caused Bradshaw and Sparrow to break up. It may not be that important of a subplot given that there's a war going on, but it's still frustrating to be missing details and getting fed with vague clues only from start to finish.

It is possible to see the Firekka active and Earth nuked? And is there an ep chart for Episode 5? Also, is there any difference between using the main point and entering through the 'rabbit hole'?

The Luyten-Talos corridor path is interesting, but contains too much bloody missile chasing. Sheesh, and I thought Starlancer was bad on that.

Back