Privateer 2 damaged disc help please

Silanda

Rear Admiral
Hello. Inspired by Spoony's review of this game I decide to buy a copy of ebay, which arrived today. However I have a little bit of a problem: there appears to be metal layer damage on the first disc. Now, I could send it back and try to get another copy but I really don't want to have the trouble of doing that. Basically some of the video files towards the edge of the disc are damaged. For all bar one of the files it is not a problem as I can copy them from discs 2 or 3 to create a new disc, but there is one file that I cannot do this for: ORIGIN.TGV

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to upload that file somewhere for me? At the moment I am having to substitute it for another file, which works but is not ideal. I know what I am asking may not be strictly kosher but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me. On the other hand I won't be offended if you tell me where to go. Thanks.

You're welcome, glad you managed to hack together a disc. Manipulating origin.tgv was a makeshift movie player back in the day. Since it plays in the intro, by renaming any other movie to that, you could check out all the various videos. (Now we have all the videos as .avi downloads https://www.wcnews.com/holovids/cinematics_privateer2.shtml)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back