Open questions thread from Ginger Lynn Allen

WOW! What a thread!

Welcome aboard Ginger! Glad to have you. I hope you’ll attend our birthday party this Friday. I know everybody would love to hear from you and your experiences in the WC universe.

I think I speak for us all when I ask that I would love to see some pictures of the WC products that you have. We were unable to see the details of all the various props and we would love to see what they look like up close.

In WCIII, was that your first time working with green screen? Did you find it more or less difficult to work with green screen and why?

In WCIII there was quite the breadth of actors from various acting backgrounds. What acting tips did you gain or learn from them?

Sincerely,
Shades

PS. LOAF those were great behind the scenes picts. Have we adeded them to the WCIII wicki page?

What an excellent thread! It's great to hear that you had as good a time making WC3 and Prophecy as we do playing them. I can't help but think that the animated series got Malcolm and Mark back because of their experiences on the Superman and Batman animated series. Did you ever consider doing voice-acting for cartoons/games after your experiences in Wing Commander, or were you always keen to remain a complete actor (rather than a disembodied voice).

I wasn't even a teenager when WC3 came out so romance wasn't a priority for my character... amazing how different that is now in my 20's! Rachel and Blair were a perfect match in my opinion and the uncertainty between the two (until Angel's fate was revealed) created some great tension and I wish there was more in-game time to explore this. :)

Before I ask my question, thanks for taking the time to visit the fans. Can't say I've ever seen anything like this before. :)

My questions to you:

-Did you have much creative freedom with the character? Was there anything in particular that you changed or preferred to explore with the character.

-WC 4 and 5 never really touched on the possible romance between Blair and Rachel, however where did you personally see them going from an in-game context? Do you think they'd have lasted or was their relationship only strong when both needed to fill the void of a missing special someone (Angel for Blair and Rachel's "missing" pilot friend).

Although I've not been approaced to be a part of any future WC creations/productions, I woud dive in head first at the opportunity. I've not heard the rumor that Chris is working on something new, but tell him to call me, my number hasn't changed!

I'm actually in contact with Chris! I will pass this along.

Sad to say, I was never approached. Would loved to have been part of it.

That's a shame! The original pitch for the series actually includes your character!

I certainly hope she drops by again. I'd like to ask her about voice acting. She's got a great voice. I think that would be pretty awesome. :D

I shot her a Twitter message that the thread is still ongoing. Hope she comes back soon!

Hello everyone. So sorry for the absence but I am just SO busy these days I just haven't had time. I promise I will continue to respond to every question and keep the thread alive. I'm actually having a great time doing this with you guys. Thank you for all the great questions. Keep'm coming! I'll try to dig out some of my things from the game and take some pictures for you this weekend if I can!

Oh, and I have a black belt in Shoto Shin Kai, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a black belt in MMA. That's why I've had four knee surgeries though...

Ok, I've been going through my closet and found a bunch of my WC things so thought I'd post a few photos. Amazing what all I still have! Hope you like them.

Attachments

• outfit 4.JPG
    outfit 4.JPG
    761.3 KB · Views: 741
  • outfit with dogs.JPG
    outfit with dogs.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 683
  • Tag.JPG
    Tag.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 657
Wow, you look that good AND you can throw down in a fight? Amen to that, sister.

The CIC has been awesome lately, but seeing 2012 Ginger dressed as Coriolis has made my week! After a night out in London with some friends from football, far too many beers aboard (again), was just browsing the forum on my laptop and BOOM, eyes popped out of my head. Looking youthful as ever Miss. Allen. Time for another beer...

The CIC has been awesome lately, but seeing 2012 Ginger dressed as Coriolis has made my week! After a night out in London with some friends from football, far too many beers aboard (again), was just browsing the forum on my laptop and BOOM, eyes popped out of my head. Looking youthful as ever Miss. Allen. Time for another beer...
Ok, you just made me smile. Thank you for that. You guys are just the best. Have a pint for me. Have you been to the Devonshire Arms pub? (I think that's the name). Spent a few nights there....

Back