Looking Back at a Classy Megacarrier (July 24, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Michael Pretli has posted some of his old models online, and that includes this really gorgeous TCS Midway. It's not textured, but it does a good job of conveying the ship's massive scale. A few things, such as the turret emplacements, have even been upgraded over the original. You can find his site and a few more up-close shots at his webpage here!

This is one of my earlier models (from the year 2010). Since I always and only modeled for games and mods, low poly modeling is all I ever did, always having performance and engine limitations in mind when creating something, it's automatically guiding my hand. I made this model in my old "truespace 5" software, which was very limited by today's standard, in 2017 I switched over to Blender. But 2010 I was very proud of it, and I think it would be a shame of just getting forgotten in the depths of my modeldumps, so I hereby add it to my portfolio. It's a close to ingame and movies as I could get it, with minor details additions like the better turrets.

--
Original update published on July 24, 2023

Prophecy did something really cool, it managed to bring aesthetic elements from wing 1-2 into 3d but make it look more modern than 3-4. The art direction for the confederation was quite good. A panther or a vampire looked like it was right at home next to a thunderbolt.

Credit has to go to Mark Vearrier who took over for Chris Douglas as art director on Prophecy and who took the job VERY seriously!

Back