Look what I found...

Not that this has anything to do with what you were saying, but isn't your country in a war or something right now?

Not that this has anything to do with what you were saying, but isn't your country in a war or something right now?
Technically, his country is always at war. In practice, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip are about as close to war as these things get. Fortunately, it looks like things may calm down.

The Amiga music does sound odd, MH
smile.gif
. Still, parts of it actually sound neater than the KSaga version, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until the extremist elements get it through their heads that peace is better than violence things will never be calm in the Gaza Strip.

Cricket, I think you just set a new chatzone record in topic drifting. For that, I award you with.... eh... my utmost contempt.
smile.gif
(just kidding).
Anyway, things were heating up around here, but as long as they didn`t call me up from reserve, I suppose it`s not as bad as you`d think. Things are quieting down a bit, though, so we can go back to the original topic, if you don`t mind.

Thank`s for your concern though.
smile.gif

Dang, I got my heres and hears mixed-up again.
mad.gif

BTW, which parts sound better than the KS version?

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited October 05, 2000).]

Anyway, things were heating up around here, but as long as they didn`t call me up from reserve, I suppose it`s not as bad as you`d think.
Oh, I know it's not as bad as the political analysts make it out to be. What worries me is that they've wasted another week when they have no time.

Oh yes, original topic, right
smile.gif
. Well, I can't remember which bits exactly I prefer (BTW, that link doesn't work). For the most part, it was the exact same score, just sounding slightly different. But there were a few moments, if I recall correctly, where the balance between the instruments was changed enough to make it seem like a completely different piece of music.

Forget it. I can`t seem to make it work. If you really want it, just check my profile and go into my driveway account share.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited October 05, 2000).]

Sorry, it's just when I see a bunch of shot up building on the news and then see a guy from Israel writing on the internet, it confuses me a bit. I always figured the first things to get hit would be power and phone lines.

The news always makes things sound like the end of the world though.

Cricket: Always remember that the news are only one side of the story.

Mad Hatter: Topic drift: you gotta love it
biggrin.gif
It's doing wonders for that "Something about the Nephilim thread."
tongue.gif
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Penguin (edited October 05, 2000).]

Cricket: Always remember that the news are only one side of the story.
Indeed. It's quite ironic, really. I took an introductory journalism class last semester, and the lecturers just kept on repeating and repeating about always getting both sides of the story. Yet, once people leave uni, they seem to forget all about it.

Mad Hatter: Having listened to them back to back a few times, I came to the conclusion that it's not really any particular bits, but rather the way the whole thing sounds. The KSaga version is smooth, perfectly balanced, and all in all sounds excellent. The Amiga version is raw, with the drums going crazy and jumping from one speaker to another all the time, but it also sounds excellent, because it's much more martial and combatish than the KSaga version. To conclude, the KSaga version is how the theme sounds when played by a full orchestra in a nice opera house, while the Amiga version is what the theme sounds like played in the open air by an ad-hoc army band; it's raw, but has more oomph. I like both... a lot.
The neat thing about the Amiga one is that it loops seamlessly. I remember once staring at the intro on the Amiga for about half an hour, trying to work out where the darn thing ends
biggrin.gif

First of all, Cricket, the building you saw blown up was Palastinian, not Israeli.
The truth is, not much is going on inside the major cities, and most of the combat is either inside Palastinian territory, or Israeli Arab`s settlements. To tell the truth, I haven`t heared a single gunshot, or seen any smoke in the past week at all. We may be a small country, but not that small.
smile.gif

Quarto said:
Mad Hatter: Having listened to them back to back a few times, I came to the conclusion that it's not really any particular bits, but rather the way the whole thing sounds. The KSaga version is smooth, perfectly balanced, and all in all sounds excellent. The Amiga version is raw, with the drums going crazy and jumping from one speaker to another all the time, but it also sounds excellent, because it's much more martial and combatish than the KSaga version. To conclude, the KSaga version is how the theme sounds when played by a full orchestra in a nice opera house, while the Amiga version is what the theme sounds like played in the open air by an ad-hoc army band; it's raw, but has more oomph. I like both... a lot.
The neat thing about the Amiga one is that it loops seamlessly. I remember once staring at the intro on the Amiga for about half an hour, trying to work out where the darn thing ends
biggrin.gif

You`re right about one thing, Quarto, it does sound raw. The drums, and the so called "orchestral hit" were over done, but I have to say, that at the time, if I had to choose between the Amiga version and the original Adlib midi version, I`d choose the Amiga. But again, there`s no comparing with the digitized version. George Oldziey is my idol.
smile.gif

Back