In what...

T A F K A W

Spaceman
In what kind of a ship were marines transported during the WC1 period, I heard in a special transport. If this ios so, which rooms did that have and how did they board other ships? Anyone?

Errr... If I ever get around to it yes, I'm actually amazed anyone remembers I haven't done much of anything on that as of late...

hmm, too bad,

i know someone who would be happy so help you out with maps for the unreal engine (or was it the half life enige?)

The Marine LC's pre-Prophecy are modified Draymans (Draymen?). They carry 100 Marines and a crew of 25... and are divided into a large cargo hold and smaller a crew compartment.

Thanks LOAF, I guess there would be something like a briefing room an a CIC room, or not?

BTW. Twister, could you give me that guy's email adres or something so that I can contact him. I will get back to working on the project next week (when I finally have time again)

They put them on the ceiling, remember <G>? Tarawa is a *heavy* transport...

No, no briefing room... landing craft are cheap and expendable -- flying boxes. Anything *special* would be on the Marine tranport which launches them.

And these "Marine transports" what would they compare to, a standard WC4 shuttle, the WC movie one? what rooms would it have and what would it look common to (exterior wise)

A Marine transport is a *large* ship -- the size of a carrier... they carry 20 landing craft, and (in addition) heavy weapons support craft. They have a flight deck like a carrier for all this...

So, if I got this right, marines do their usual cruising around space in a marine transport, which is very much like a carrier. (Which type of carrier does it bare resemblence to?) and to go planetside etc... they would use modified draym(ans)en. True?

BTW. Twister I am still working with the UT engine, using the HL engine now would be gamelocial suicide (and just plain stupid)

We don't know what sort of carrier -- but it has a very small launch bay -- and Draymans are a fair sight larger than shuttles.

The best bet would be a ship that looks like the TCS Morgan from WCA (the fighter transport).

They don't really cruise around, though... they're not like carriers -- Marines have planetary bases, and when an amphibious assault is being launched, they'll send them off in transports. But they don't go around looking for trouble or anything...

Cool, if no one really knows what the ship looks like, only a few descriptions I have room to improv. Thanks for the help LOAF.

Back