Happy 25th Birthday Wing Commander CIC! (August 10, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Happy Birthday to us! Today officially marks twenty-five years at wcnews.com! It's been a long road, getting from there to here. It's been a long time, but we're glad you're still here! It's been our privilege to be a part of the Wing Commander community for more than a quarter century, and we're looking forward to many more years here with you.

While today is the formal anniversary of when we first unveiled the Wing Commander CIC, we'll be holding the big birthday party in a bit over a week on Saturday, August 19. The fun kicks off at 7:00 pm EDT (4:00 pm PDT and 11:00 pm GMT) in Discord #Wingnut.

To commemorate today's milestone, LOAF will be hosting part four of four of his exhilarating Wing Commander Confederation Handbook series this evening. You can watch live and see exactly what goes into deep diving WC lore (also targeted to begin at the same 7 pm Eastern/4 pm Pacific). Stop back here for the link when it goes live!

Today marks 25 years of the CIC! Hard to believe the Wing Commander website I started in high school is still a major part of my life today. We would not be here without the incredible dedication of my dear friends ChrisReid and KrisV. And the support of a community of thousands of creative fans! And we’ve got so much left to do...

--
Original update published on August 10, 2023

Back