GBA: Wings

Classic indeed... it came out in 1991, and it was, I believe, the last game released by Cinemaware (one of the most significant game companies of the late 80s & early 90s) before they went bankrupt. Wings was a great deal of fun... when I first tried it at a friend's house, I remember being blown away by the sound - back in those days, I didn't have a sound card, so the Amiga's sound capabilities seemed pretty incredible.

Looks like another great one for the game boy! I'm getting one tomorrow with a couple of games because nothing happens when I pull night shifts. Still got to wait for Wings and WCP to come out, though...but they will be mine!

Originally posted by Wulf
Be sure to look at the screenshots; some of them look Wing Commanderesque, IMHO.
Um, you sure? I see little resemblance to WC... except perhaps that's it's set in a war...

I remember playing wings on my old A500. But the GBA screenshots show you pilot a fokker...never happened in the original game. My only problem was that EVERYONE outmanouvered you and outpaced you. Hope they fix that.

Back