Favorite CapShip in WC

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by Excelsis
Even the Vesuvius was just an enlarged Ranger.
How can anyone say that? The Vesuvius is quite different to the Ranger. I can understand someone saying that the Concordia-class is an enlarged Ranger, but the Vesuvius? I wouldn't think so.

In the shape they look alike except the engines zone.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
The older ships ie Bengal and Concordia were kinda cool looking 'cept they had horrible paint jobs. I understand WHY they would have done that for the games, but still. They look so... so... green...
They're actually newer than the Victory. And perhaps they were green in the same way that the Kilrathi ships were orange? :)

Originally posted by Nebula
The other ships looks like Star Wars ships (I didn´t say they are not cool). The Plunkett, for example, looks like a Nebulon B frigate.
A vague resemblance I guess... just the slim 'neck' in the middle. And that's actually a weakness point, not exactly good design... but it does make the ship look nicer.

Yeah, medium ion cannons.

As you will see in several days, the Bengals stay green even when rendered in high res. :)

Originally posted by Ghost
In the shape they look alike except the engines zone.
The forward prongs look quite different too. To me the Vesuvius looks much flatter and smoother than the Ranger/Concordias.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
As you will see in several days, the Bengals stay green even when rendered in high res. :)
Oh whoops. Now I see you're referring to this. Still, the XWA Bengal was green as well.

I'm talkin' bout my SWC Bengal. I was worried that I didn't have the textures to do some of the SWC capships, so I wasn't entirely sure whether or not I would... but I found the missing ones!

Fave Capship..........

Well, I always liked the Fralthi II, since they were the only cap-ships in WC3 capable of actually killing you (except the Corvette, which always confused me)! Big engine dead zone, though.

If we're talking about carriers that you serve on.....probably the Victory or the Bonnie Heather...you really get that feel of overworked and undermanned, that kind of Das Boot feel.

Yeah, the Bhankthara was easy to take out. Just fly through it's flight deck and tear it up with some missles. The destroyer was easy too, i'd usually torp it before I was even in the range of it's guns.

Yeah. The Victory really wasn't that bad...at least, it wasn't as bad as they made it sound (Blair's description of it in the WC3 novel was, frankly, that it was a rustbucket). It could fly, it could fight, it wasn't that bad of a ship. It also had a nice design...

I still like the Vesuvius the best. The Midway wasn't bad...she was one big thing, though. I did like the "bigger is better" idea, though...c'mon, Cerberus and her fighters vs. Midway or Vesuvius and either of theirs, who do you think would win? The Cerberus would be blown out of the sky.

I'd like to see a modern Confed corvette. We've heard them mentioned, but the only Confed corvettes we've seen were from WC1. Unlike Kilrathi corvettes, Confed ones seem to be jump-capable...

I thought the Prophecy guide stated that they weren't jump-capable. I assumed it was some sort of technology that allowed non-jump-capable ships to move through a jump gate.

I could be wrong, though...

Start Prophecy, go to the simulator and select mission 4. You will see the furball Corvettes jump in when you take out the first one!! :)

RFB

Back