Favorite CapShip in WC

And in an amazing feat, I can provide complete specs for the Vesuvius and Midway, even though I'm at school and don't have access to my notes! I'm magic!

Vesuvius class Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,600 m
Mass: 250,000 tonnes
Y/P/S: 6/6/6 dps
Max. Speed: 150 kps
Cru. Speed: 100 kps
Weapons -
(14) Anti-Matter Gun
(16) Single Mass-Driver Turret
(24) Dual-Laser Turret
(2) Torpedo Tube
Crew: 7,800
Jump Capable: Yes
Fighter Compliment: 400 (4 wings)
Shields: Phase
Ships-
- TCS Vesuvius (CV-70)
- TCS Mt. St. Helens (CV-71)
- TCS McKinley
- TCS Fuji
- TCS Kilauea
- TCS Rainier
- TCS Eisen

Midway class Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,830 m
Mass: 200,000 tonnes
Y/P/S: 5/5/5 dps
Max. Speed: 80 kps
Accel: 45 k/s^2
Weapons -
(25) Dual-Laser Turret
(?) Medium Ion Cannons
(6) IR-Missile Turret
(1) Capital Ship Plasma Cannon (Midway only)
(6) Training Missile Launchers
Crew: 7,000 (inc. 1,500 member MEU & 120 member Science Division)
Jump Capable: Yes
Fighter Compliment: 252 (3 wings)
Shields: Phase
Armor: 2,000 cm
Ships-
- TCS Midway (CVX-1)
- TCS Mistral Sea (CVX-2)
- TCS Tafanda Bey (CVX-3)
- TCS Coral Sea (CVX-4)
- TCS Jutland (CVX-5)
- TCS Ptoloman's Rift (CVX-6)
- TCS Enyo III (CVX-7)
- TCS Bataan (CVX-8)
- TCS Tripoli (CVX-9)
- TCS Port Broughton (CVX-10)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Anti-Matter guns do more damage... to compare specs, check out the guns list: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/gunchart.htm

Not to stir up chicken soup here, but where do these stats come from? I notice several guns that conflict with the stats that show up in the games .tre files.

Like the Fusion Cannon in P1RF. The Kraven MKII in P2. Turret A and B in P2. What would be correct? The games own settings in the tre files, or the spec sheet shown on the list? Many of them *DO* match the games tre file specs. But some seem a bit off. Just curious. :)

RFB

Last edited by a moderator:
As you may notice in parts, the list is being revised to add in the 'in-game' gun stats (some of them are there)... but I haven't had time to post an update of the html version (it's a pain to fix because of the multi-colored table:)).

Ahh ok I see that now! (I need to clean my screen!)Thats good, its good to see that someone is doing all this to have an accurate database on weapons and ships. With all this data collecting, if it were me doing the collecting and compiling, Id think about publishing some form of book covering all the hardware in WC. That is, if there isnt one already, and if it is, its probably wrong anyway!! :D

RFB

No, no book... although I'd love to produce some sort of hard copy version of the collected WC information.

I just noticed that the PTC is 100cm thats like only 3 times that of a charging mass, likewise a charging mass is equivalent to an AMG??? That doesn't seem right same right.

Yeah, LOAF, that would be cool. I'm sure OSI/EA would license it. You should make like a "Confederation Handbook" that deals with the enitre WCU. Plenty of people would buy that, and I can't think of anyone more qualified to do so than you!

I was just wondering LOAF, but where did the
- TCS Fuji
- TCS Kilauea
- TCS Rainier

come from, is this another cpt. johnny or what?

Originally posted by Napoleon
I just noticed that the PTC is 100cm thats like only 3 times that of a charging mass, likewise a charging mass is equivalent to an AMG??? That doesn't seem right same right.

i belive that has to do with the different types of armor

Ships-
- TCS Midway (CVX-1)
- TCS Mistral Sea (CVX-2)
- TCS Tafanda Bey (CVX-3)
- TCS Coral Sea (CVX-4)
- TCS Jutland (CVX-5)
- TCS Ptoloman's Rift (CVX-6)
- TCS Enyo III (CVX-7)
- TCS Bataan (CVX-8)
- TCS Tripoli (CVX-9)
- TCS Port Broughton (CVX-10)

Why the X, they aren´t expeimental after the Midway ????

And in an amazing feat, I can provide complete specs for the Vesuvius and Midway, even though I'm at school and don't have access to my notes! I'm magic!

That's just another mistery to add to the ma- no, machine, that is Bandit LOAF

I listed them in that manner simply because that's the order in which they're to be produced -- the 'X' *probably* does stand for experimental.

And yes, that's where the other Vesuvii came from.

Originally posted by Excelsis
Even the Vesuvius was just an enlarged Ranger.
How can anyone say that? The Vesuvius is quite different to the Ranger. I can understand someone saying that the Concordia-class is an enlarged Ranger, but the Vesuvius? I wouldn't think so.

Originally posted by LeHah
I was never big on the Midway. It's just that the whole "Bigger is Better" thing never really worked with me. I'd be far more impressed with a tiny carrier able to carry 6 fighters that was really fast... something for border patrol or recon work.
Try the Cerberus. :) And the Vesuvius is 'bigger' than the Midway, just slightly shorter in length.

Back