Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Thymerlord
Patlabor, Transformers,Macross I love them all,of course Ninja Scroll was enjoyable.

In what might be the most retarded move ever, theres a live action Ninja Scroll movie in the works, as well as a series (Anime? Live Action? Still unknown) and a video game.

::Sigh:: It was nice when I saw that damned thing years ago, now every 12-year-old brat has seen it and applies the word "roxorz" to it.

HATE HATE HATE.

Originally posted by Rami Sihvo
Yes Meson, EVAs theme is wery compelling. I have seen whole serie and movie and i think that main problem is that series creator didn´t take his medication during of making end of serie. It took me while to accept the ending.
Beginning of serie was like any other Mecha-anime but towards the end there were much sinister themes than battling aganst enemy from space.

What if cowboy bebop had ended like NGE? :D

http://www.big-big-truck.com/bebop/alternateending.html

Originally posted by Frosty
And so are you.I fail to understand the distinction between "mecha" and "Mechwarrior mechs.

Technically, there is no real difference. In application, I generally use the terms like this.
'Mecha' are quick and agile. Think Valkyries from Macross (veritech fighters from Robotech) or mobile suits from Gundam. 'Mechs' are more of a walking tank. They can run and jump, but they're not nearly as agile. Think battlemechs from Battletech and destroids from Macross. Incidentally, even the creators of Battletech have acknowledged the difference, although they say its intentional on their part.

For the ultimate example, imagine running one of the mechs in the Mechwarrior computer games against one of the units in Virtual On.

LeHah - on the subject of live action movies, I've got a better one for you. Apparently there's a Dead or Alive (the video game with the ad "She kicks high.") live action movie in the works.

Has anyone ever seen the series of Kenshin Himoura? (sp?) That's a pretty good one, good characters, funny, and pretty violent! (Not a bad storyline either, since it's based on actual people, etc.)

favorites are Golgo 13, Battle Angel, La Blue Girl, Neo Genesis series (of course) VHD, and cheesy anime like Ranma 1/2 oh and i like Fushigi Yuuigi

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

Skyfire: Its spelt Rurouni Kenshin, though I believe its been released under the title Samurai X.

Battler Hawke: The title is Serial Experiments Lain.

Ghost: I've seen the first 4 episodes and I think most of it flew over my head. Anyways here's the description for Volume #1 "Navi:"

We're all connected
There is the world around us, a world of people, tectile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here..." Has the line between the real world and the wired world begun to blur?

Now to begin my vigil for the release of Transformers in NZ...

Originally posted by Penguin
Now to begin my vigil for the release of Transformers in NZ...

I know, d0000000000d!! Season One BABEEE!! :D

Getting stuff from anything that has a fanbase is very difficult in Alaska. Actually, the conditions were about the same, if not, worse back home in Massachusetts.... :(

Say what? There's a new Transformers release coming up? I haven't hung out on ATT (alt.toys.transformers) for a long time, so I've been out of the lopp.

Best, Raptor

Is that the recent Transformers series your talking about, the one with those anime-looking humans and drawing styles?

No, there is a new American cel Transformers coming this September called Transformers Armada. That's all I know about it. It is supposed to be released with a new He-man show.

Yeah. Michael Reeves is still penning the new He-Man show. Both will be featured on WB's Toonami knockoff, which means that current Toonami stuff there is getting tossed.

Who was the little red guy in He-Man? I used to know(I have all the 80's action figures!) but I forget now. And oh yeah, what was that color-changing tiger called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back