Even more help in WC3 please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why my Windows XP machine won't run my eel. My fish tank is right next to my computer, and the eel can live there just fine... but absolutely no luck getting it to live in Windows XP. What a horrible operating system.

The old saying...

"If it aint broke, dont fix it"

In this case...dont junk it (the older machines)

I think that some are referring to what MS said years ago with the release of Win95, that DOS based games would run even better than in DOS. (boy was that one heck of a MS-FIB) Perhaps that same pattern of thought thanks to MS, some expect XP to run DOS stuff.

Heck, get on ebay and find an older pc for these games, or shop around at pawn shops and flea markets or liquidation sales. You would be amazed at how many older pc's are still out there at almost giveaway prices.

Or be venturous....gather up a piece from here, a piece from there, and put one together! Where there is a will...there IS a way.

cff said:
Why not? If I spend thousands of dollars on hardware I bloody well expect it to run ALL of my software. But in this case it is really more own stupidity.

I find it funny that you expect the OS to run all your software but you're the one calling the OS stupid.

I expect my PC to run every software. Not necessarily one OS to run every software. But XP is still not anywhere good. Even its predecessors are better besides for the bells and whistles.

Sorry can't agree with that. Windows XP is by far one of the greatest operating systems developed. Especially for gaming.

cff said:
But XP is still not anywhere good. Even its predecessors are better besides for the bells and whistles.
I'm sorry, but that sounds to me like you're trying to say something so completely insane, everyone will be shocked into thinking that you must be correct.

Windows XP is everything Windows was supposed to be for the longest time, with essentially no shortcomings of any importance. I even paid for my copy of XP - that's how great it is.

I am extremely eager to see the next major edition of Windows, because if the path from ME to XP is any indication, Microsoft has cleaned up their act a great deal, and things will only get better.

iCe said:
i hope that dos support is better then :)
My computer doesn't have any ISA slots. My computer doesn't have a floppy drive. And my computer sure as heck does not run DOS software natively. I don't want support for legacy devices and software holding me back.

I hope the next machine I build does not have any serial ports or a parallel port out back, either, that's where USB stuff should go, these days. I don't see the attraction in having a brand new machine run ancient applications and games. The older computer is long paid off, might as well keep it around for the DOS work and let the new one run free.

Frosty said:
Windows XP is everything Windows was supposed to be for the longest time, with essentially no shortcomings of any importance. I even paid for my copy of XP - that's how great it is.

Name ONE improvement that isn't only visual.
But everyone his - I for one laughed about the last couple of SERIOUS security holes NONE affected '98 - ROFL.

1.) Arguging with Frosty can be fatal.

2.) Windows ME is one of the shittiest (if not the shittiest) OS you can buy but every major worm or virus attack in the last few years hasn't attacked it. Why bother?

1.) Arguging with Frosty can be fatal.

I'm pretty sure Karl can hold his own with Frosty... which doesn't affect the fact that the entire topic of discussion is stupid. Thread closed.

Also: argug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back