Do you plan to try before you buy?

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
We all know that the future of the Wing Commander franchise may rest on the fragile, tiny shoulders this game. It's like they're testing the water to see if the game still gets a warm reception.

That being said, are you still going to 'try' the Xbox Live Arcade demo before buying the game? Or are you going to buy it the moment it becomes available? In other words, are you buying it because you're a wing nut, or will you buy it from the standpoint of a gamer?

I have demo'd just about every ARCADE game I have paid for so far, just for the sake of trying them. But the only game I purchased without even trying the demo was TMNT 1989 Arcade Classic. I knew I wanted that game, I knew what it was like, and I bought it the first chance I got, without even trying it.

That is my plan, to just buy it outright, and if it sucks, I'll live with my decision. Not only does the franchise need every bit of support, but eve if I don't like the game... if I paid for it, it will grow on me. :)

NuAngel

To be honest, I won't test, I'll buy it outright. If it sucks, I'll be pretty furious for having bought a XBox 360 for nothing but I can't imagine that it will suck.

I'm going to buy it the second its released. Even if its not an incredible fun game (which I'm sure it will be), I'm sure for only 800 MS points I'll at least be able to get my moneys worth. I mean come on that's only around $10.

I'm kind of surprised, I don't see why a WC fan wouldn't shell out the $10 or so for a new WC game.

I'm going to buy as soon as it's released (unless it's released before the other 360 stuff I ordered arrives, then I'd have to wait), but even if it sucks at least I'll have Orta, which they added to the compatability list a couple weeks ago and ordered last week.

The day it comes out - I buy it and call out of work.

I could see trying the trial version out in order to photograph/document the differences between the demo and full game. It'll be neat to see which options are grayed out and such. I doubt I'll have that kind of patience on launch day though, so I'll have to do it with another account later.

I have a funny feeling a lot of wingnuts are taking that day off....

Im going to Maine for a week next month and Im taking my damned Ybox just in case the launch date falls in that time...

Im going to Maine for a week next month and Im taking my damned Ybox just in case the launch date falls in that time...

I thought Arena was an xbox exclusive... Now I see it might come out on the ybox...

Very interesting... :)

Hahaha first off.

LeHah good idea bring the box with you just in case. From the way Sean has been talking about it, it seems like the 2nd half of June is going to be the time.

From the way Sean has been talking about it, it seems like the 2nd half of June is going to be the time.

I'm up in the Great White North from the 16th through the 23rd. I already told the people I'm staying with to give me a lot of elbow room when the game comes out.

(I don't know if anyone knows of anything to do in Maine, so it may just be a week of hardcore boozing and playing Wing Commander. Now, if only I couldn't say that was a typical week for me...)

As a person who grew up very close to Maine (Good Ole NH) I can vouch that there is a limited number of things to do in Maine once you have done the obvious (ie anything outdoorsy) It all depends on where you are in the state, if you are near the ocean it might not be that bad as you may find other tourists instead of just Mainards. But if you inland, well I hope you like trees, because that's really about it.

Back