Do fighters have manuevering thrusters?

Lunitari

Spaceman
I noticed that on the ground missions in WC4, if you cut your engines to zero, you can still hang there in the air without crashing to the ground. Are fighters equipped with some sort of manuevering thrusters to keep them afloat?

That might be a fair assesment considering only certain fighters are capable atmosheric flight (the hellcat and the vindicator). But it may also have to do with shape. Or rather some kind of zero G field.

Well the literal reason is that the game still treats it like space. The "planet" used in the game is just an object they put in space thats really big IIRC. But for an in story reason, I guess its feasible that they would have something along the lines of repulsorlift engines like in Star Wars to keep them up, similar to modern day Harrier jets.

I remembered that the escape pods from ejected pilots on ground missions would actually fall towards the ground.

I always imagined that atmospheric fighters used magnetism to stay in the air- much like hoverboards and cars in Back to the Future II.

Back