Copying Privateer and WC 2 Deluxe CDs

chanman

Spaceman
Hi, I have the old EA Classics Collection WC2 and Privateer CD's

Both are a little dinged up, and I'd like to make a new copy of each just in case. However, if at all possible, I'd like to copy both onto one CD and save a little space.

Is this possible? Both are quite old, but even some old CDs have protection in place against a straight copy + paste

thanks

Unless none of the directory and file names in the root match up, this won't work at all. Even if this is the case, the installer may verify that the CD has the correct volume label.

It looks like you're going to have to spend the extra 20 cents.

Both programs combined are only a couple hundred megabytes. You might as well burn them to the same backup CD.. and then copy them to the hard drive completely whenever you want to play them (or keep them on the hard drive permanently).

Meh, I've put the WC1 Demo, WC1, WC2 Demo, WC2, Academy, Privateer, Armada and Strike Commander all on one CD without any problems or issues. Well, none aside from the fact that the old CD-ROM on the 386 used for playing WC1 can't read CD-Rs...

Mmm, in my experience, the installers don't like to work with anything other than the floppy disk drive (CD drive is often counted as a 'hard drive').

I think my usual solution is just to copy the files to hard disk and use any install/setup programs to program the sound settings, if necessary.

Maybe you can make images of each disk and them simply burn the image files on the CD, without "writting" them. Then, when you want to play the game, you simply mount the image from the CD-R.

First, I never had disk-only versions of any WC game. Second, why bother? :) The copy method works fine for me.

Back