Concordia GONE!?

F4U Corsair

Spaceman
From what Ive always seen in the movie, Wing Commander II, and somewhat in WCIII the Concordia is a highly thought of wicked powerful ship, probably the flagship of the fleet. So could someone tell me how the heck she got destroyed? I mean when I first played WC3, I was hoping to once again fly off the Concordia, but noooo!

The Concordia sustained heavy damage during the Battle of Earth (in the novel Fleet Action). Shortly afterwards it was assigned to 'behind the lines' patrols, where it was ambushed and destroyed.

The PTC wasn't regularly used anyhow, thanks to the tendancy for doing so making the firing ship blow up. :)

We have no idea what the situation behind the Concordia's destruction was, save that it was a "rearguard action". There's no indication that it was even the sort of battle that would involve targets that could be destroyed with a Phase Transit Cannon...

The general trend in WC is "Don't get too attatched to any one carrier. It's probably gonna blow up."

I think we all remember a certain CZer who was fascinated with the Tiger's Claw, do a disturbing extent.

overmortal said:
The general trend in WC is "Don't get too attatched to any one carrier. It's probably gonna blow up."

I think we all remember a certain CZer who was fascinated with the Tiger's Claw, do a disturbing extent.

It was nothing compared to the Spirit-loving freak. He was scary.

Oops, yep. You're right about that. Good ol' Phillip Tanaka. Creeps me out. I finally had to make my own waffle avatar.

Delance said:
And anyway the Concordia is nearly destroyed on WC2. On the first missions.

Yeah, if I remember right, the Mandarins had placed a bomb in the flight deck so the Concordia could'nt launch fighters. Then Blair shows up in his trusty Ferret to save the carrier from a couple of Drakhri. What could those pissant Drakhri possibly have done to the Concordia to make everyone so worried? They could have blasted away at it all they wanted without making a scratch.

When Blair first rescue's the Concordia, it's under attack by five Sartha. The background was that the carrier was being pursued by a Fralthra - which was what took out the flight deck (and destroyed the Beowulf and presumably what was posing a thread).

Two missions later, Jazz set off a bomb on the Concordia's flight deck to implicate Blair as a traitor. Blair and Shadow returned to the ship to save it from some Drakhri, Sartha and a Fralthra cruiser (which gets blown up with the Concordia's AMGs/PTCs during the course of the mission).

agree

overmortal said:

VERY TRUE cept for the Victory of course, but come on, You cant honestly tell me u didnt have ur fingers crossed that youd be flying off the Concordia again when the game started.

F4U Corsair said:
VERY TRUE cept for the Victory of course, but come on, You cant honestly tell me u didnt have ur fingers crossed that youd be flying off the Concordia again when the game started.

Well I had expected to be flying off the Claw in Wing Commander 2, imagine my disappointment to find the carrier shelled, half my wingman toasted (including Iceman!) and "myself" court martialed for treason! Quite a surprise and blow to the ole' ego...but what an experience it was regaining my reputation. :)

yeah...

Maj.Striker said:
Well I had expected to be flying off the Claw in Wing Commander 2, imagine my disappointment to find the carrier shelled, half my wingman toasted (including Iceman!) and "myself" court martialed for treason! Quite a surprise and blow to the ole' ego...but what an experience it was regaining my reputation. :)

Ok very true, but to be honest, I wasnt to fond of the claw, too easy to destroy. I'll admit i wasnt happy either, yes Iceman was my favorite wingman too. But when I first saw that opening movie, I expected to fly offa the Austin for a few minutes... come on the Concordia was a much better ship. And what the heck happened to the Austin ne way!?

Dude, who cares? The Intrepid was a weak ship anyway!

Back