Can't delete WC3 Mission Editor!

Hello there guys!

Today I unzipped the "WC3EDIT.EXE" file from the WC3 Mission Editor onto my desktop. I clicked it once to check it out but now I can't delete the exe file.
When I'm trying to delete the file, it always tells me that it's used by another program but I don't have any idea which program this could be.

Can you help me please?

Have you pressed Ctrl+alt+del to see iff maybe it's still running in the background? Can you terminate the process?

I've had similar problems before though and the solution is complicated. It involves shutting absolutely everything down except windows itself and using a command prompt to delete the file. It's pretty tricky if you'r not computer savvy:

Close all open apps. Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory with the offending files. Then open the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. select "Explorer.Exe" under Image Name. Click "End Process".

Now you will only have the command prompt and the task manager. In the Command Prompt, DEL the offending files (DEL *.mpg, DEL mus*.avi, DEL test.wmv, etc.)

The files should now delete without a problem. Now go back to the task manager and click on the Applications tab. Click the "New Task..." button. in the dialog, type Explorer.Exe and click OK.

WC3Edit shouldn't be that persistent. Rebooting or, worst case, rebooting in safe mode and deleting the file should work.

Back