Artsy Diorama Shows Off Classic WC Scene (February 20, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
ParadiseRegaind has posted an extremely cool and unique art piece to add to the collection. He worked with apesincaves to commission an awesome diorama cube of a familiar original Wing Commander setting and Hornet cockpit. The dashboard is right up front with a neat offset effect for a Kilrathi ship and asteroids in the distance. I like that the Dralthi even has its afterburners flaring. The creator also makes them for Tie Fighter, Doom and many other franchises. You can even pick one up for yourself for about $42!

Picked up these really cool diorama shadow boxes on eBay recently. The maker/seller is great and made the Wing Commander one at my request. I’m trying to get him to make a Descent one now!

He has a ton of these for various classic games and series. Well worth a shout out!

--
Original update published on February 20, 2024

These are pretty cool and a nice side hustle for the ebay seller. Would be awesome to see one of these things of the WC2 coverart.

I was thinking the same, but for the original Wing Commander cover (or maybe End Run!)

The odd looking part is having it cube shaped ― I've seen similar acryllic dioramas but they're usually a stand with one acryllic in front of the other.

Yeah it feels like a narrower shadowbox would work really well for this scene. And I'd separate the VDUs and the hand so they're in front!

Back