Album Campaign Heats up in the Final Stretch (May 7, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

We're now just a bit more than three days away from the conclusion of George Oldziey's campaign to create a new Wing Commander album with a live orchestra. Just since this past weekend, the project has added another $1,000 to approach $19,500. With only a few more days left to go, is $22,000 possible? The project has already crossed the minimum $16K threshold, but we'd love to see it hit the $22K stretch target to add a live choir as well. Wing Commander fans have shown up in force many times before, so it's certainly possible!

Greetings all! It seems like with only 3 days to go we are close to the stretch goal of recording a large choir to add to the large orchestra recording for volume 2! We are only a few thousand away, and I REALLY think this would be a beautiful addition to the final mix. I have some amazing sampled choir libraries, but there is NOTHING like the real thing in my humble but very musically adept opinion :)

So, if it is at all possible, let's make that happen! I think it would immensely add to the overall musical impact of the project.

I love you all! You are the best!!

George

Here's some samples of George's wonderful 2019 jazz album full of Wing Commandar bar music. A handful of reprinted copies are up for grabs as part of the new album campaign:

--
Original update published on May 7, 2024

Back