Absolute Territory 2.0 Update brings new VR experience graphical updates with more configurable options, user accessibility options, and more.

Is this something you're intending to continue working on in the future, adding more polish in here and there or would you consider this game complete and only looking to do some debugging?

Absolute Territory needs more polish. For example, the in-flight HUD has been brought up many times.

I'm also going to implement online leaderboards for Squadron and Gauntlet, and achievements definitely need to be included. I'll be reviewing feedback and looking to improving.

I do not consider AT to be complete and I do intend to keep working on this release. There are many other features I'd like to add. But, I'd not want to talk about what they are until I am happy I can actually get round to putting them into the game.

I feel like the hitboxes are also a little unforgiving, kind of like Privateer 2, so if I had one recommendation, it might be to open those up a bit, at least for shield impacts.
New 1.0.2 opens up the hitboxes on all fighter craft and made some adjustments to the early weapons to make them feel more effective at long range combat.

In time for the Steam Halloween sale, I have updated AT to include Steam Achievements and Leaderboards. I'm waiting for someone to knock me off 1st place for Squadron and Gauntlet game modes.

Some other notable updates since release include:
  • Additional 3rd person views
  • New HUD art
  • Added controller Shift binding for gamepads (bind all the controls to your controller using combined button presses)
  • New music effects in Squadron and Gauntlet game modes, for reaching milestones (i.e. completing waves/missions)
  • Missile balancing and seeking behavior improvements
  • Larger hitboxes for increased accuracy with guns
  • Improved wording and grammar in campaign briefings and debriefings
  • Over one hundred bug fixes and improvements (but whose counting?)

Up next... Ship Selection and Weapon Loadout for the campaign.

Update 1.3.0 brings ship and weapon choices throughout the Absolute Territory campaign. Ships and weapons are restricted at first, and as you go through the campaign more will be made available to you. Choose wisely.

Players can make use of this added functionality in custom missions, from within the Level Editor, under the Player ship selection tab.

ship selection.PNG

ship_selection2.PNG

Thank you. Here is an updated trailer in 2K format with details on what you can expect from the game if you are still on the fence or on the other side.

Edit: Made some changes to the trailer to note AT being released on Itch and GameJolt

Last edited:
Allow me to introduce you to this huge title update bringing all-new VR mode! For those without VR headsets, there is a host of visual improvements and upgrades to pleasure your eyes.

Also, save at least 20% off Absolute Territory in the current Green Man Gaming Sale and you still get a Steam key.

To VR or not to VR?

That is your choice. Make it a good one :)

VR provides a first-person experience piloting every starfighter available to fly. Each fighter has a 3D modeled cockpit to look around for improved situational awareness.

Warp to new horizons

To keep you firmly seated in your cockpit, warp speed has been invented for transitioning to new areas during multi-staged missions faster than the speed of light.

Visual Enhancements​

• A range of visual enhancements brings increased fidelity to the original graphics along with:
  • Increase fighter texture quality for all Endophora fighters.
  • Lighting improvements for explosion effects.
  • 16 new skyboxes (updated in campaign, tutorial, waves, and gauntlet modes) along with their own unique lighting

New Graphics Options​

PCs have always been synonymous with configurability. 2.0 brings a wide range of video options to configure to either increase performance or increase visual quality.

The Enhanced Graphics option brings greater flexibility for increasing performance at the cost of visual quality or increasing visual quality at the cost of performance. Or you can just keep it disabled and use the default settings for the chosen Overall Quality setting.

User Accessibility​

• You can disable all camera shakes if you suffer from motion sickness.
  • Field of view provided in Standard mode,

Simulator Modes​

• Longevity brought to Waves and Gauntlet with ship selection. Test your flying skills with all 6 Imperial fighters along with full weapon load-outs.
  • Gauntlet now provides shield recharging and ammo restock at the end of each mission.

Wheres the rest?​

Check out the latest patch notes for the full list of new features, improvements, and bugfixes.

Absolute Territory Steam page

Back