Want to combine the Prophecy DVD upgrade with the new OpenGL renderer and improved starfields? Red Baron claims to have the answer. Let us know if this method works for you.
Well then, you need: wcpep_Release1.zip, wcpmoviepatch_testrelease.zip, OpenGL-WCP_setup.zip and the vobs from the movie archives
Voila: OpenGL, starfields, DVD movies! looks like you all did an even better job than you thought.
Maybe some steps are redundant, but it works for me (WCP Gold, XP prof). Now to my initial question: is there a way to make ffdshow stretch the movies to 1600x1200 so they play fullscreen in that resolution? Or is the movie resolution hardcoded in the dll, because Prophecy doesn't seem to care for my filter settings.
- 1) install Prophecy
- 1.1) make a backup (optional)
- 2) copy content of wcpep_release1.zip to prophecy folder, overwrite when asked
- 3) DON'T use the new install.exe! instead:
- 4) run opengl-wcp_setup.exe, follow instructions
- 5) copy wcphr.dll from wcpmoviepatch_testrelease.zip to prophecy, overwrite
- 6) make "movie" folder and put the DVD movies there
- 7) use oglsetup.exe whenever you want to change your graphics