Chris Carpenter has posted an update on the construction of his radio controlled Dralthi. Progress is great so far - the airframe is in the middle of being reinforced and the craft's engine and battery are starting to get installed. It sounds like a test flight might be possible soon. Find the full update here.
Today, I made some changes to the Dralthi design and cut it again today on the CNC machine. I decided to use Plexiglas on the nose to keep the separate wing tips from flopping and counter the motor weight. Visually, the Plexiglas worked out pretty well. I really don’t think you will be able to see it in flight. It does keep the two wings from flopping as well.