Worst game ever played?

ah, ok. TBH you didnt miss too much, like act of war (a generals era generals clone) it was fun but nothing special, and the impossible final mission was incredibly irritating!

I actually liked "Bad Blood". I completed it; but I do see your point. There was a lot of problems with the gameplay and such.

A couple of games I thought sucked was "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy" and "Star Trek: Legacy". Academy because... a lot of reasons; Legacy, becasue it was pretty much unplayable. Could've used another six months of bug-fixing.

Legacy, becasue it was pretty much unplayable. Could've used another six months of bug-fixing.

Did you play it on Xbox 360 or PC? The PC version is incredibly awful because of bugs. The 360 was surprisingly good, all things considered.

For me, I was highly disappoined in Starshatter: The Gathering Storm. The AI wingmen wouldn't do half the things you told them to, and when they did they ran right into enemy fire, killing themselves inside of the first few minutes. And that was ONLY if you weren't locked onto immediately by missiles, which could NEVER be spoofed or otherwise dodged...felt like I was Obi-Wan running away from that ultra-smart missile that Jango fired on him in Episode II. It just wasn't possible to win a mission because NOTHING you did made any difference...Oh, wait, you're the wingleader? Let's give you 13 missiles from two fighters just because we can...BAM!

I can't stand games that give you about a 5% chance of survival before you get another 5% chance ten seconds later if you pull a miracle in surviving that first shot.

I really dislike Halo 2 for xbox. The story was way to predictable, the weapons where way to over powered, the AI wasn't very good and the multi player took no skill to be unstoppably good.

Overall I was quite disappointed with it.

Did you play it on Xbox 360 or PC? The PC version is incredibly awful because of bugs. The 360 was surprisingly good, all things considered.

"Star Trek: Legacy" for the PC. It's lasting Legacy is that it made me swear off ST games forever.

Now that I've had time to think about it: The first "Aliens vs. Predator" (PC). It's too dark. So dark that not even cranking up the gamma helped too much. The aliens came too fast and without warning; and almost no weapon could get them fast enough. Your only luck was with the smartgun.

"Scarface" (PC). A cheap GTA-Clone. Filled with time-padding activities like, making drug runs. Which requires you to play this reflex-game over and over again. For a man in charge of a cartel, it's like I was doing everything by myself.

"Star Trek: Legacy" for the PC. It's lasting Legacy is that it made me swear off ST games forever.

The PC version was supposedly incredibly awful. I haven't played it but its been reported that the 360 version features much fewer bugs.

"Now that I've had time to think about it: The first "Aliens vs. Predator" (PC). It's too dark. So dark that not even cranking up the gamma helped too much. The aliens came too fast and without warning; and almost no weapon could get them fast enough. Your only luck was with the smartgun.

See, I have many, many fond memories of that game. I don't think theres any other game made that actually scared me like AVP did. I agree that the Aliens did move too quick - single player could be especially frustrating for some of the tight corners. But if you and a buddy hooked up for a game on LAN - thats an experience to remember!

I got pretty good with the pulse rifle. Its when you were forced to use the pistol that things got hairy.

I really dislike Halo 2 for xbox...multi player took no skill to be unstoppably good.

Are you sure we're talking the same game? I'm no Halo fanboy, but the LAN party I went to definitely had some disparity in the score between the skilled people and the non-skilled people. If it required "no skill" to be unstoppable, I would've won every match as it was my first time playing.

See, I have many, many fond memories of that game. I don't think theres any other game made that actually scared me like AVP did. I agree that the Aliens did move too quick - single player could be especially frustrating for some of the tight corners. But if you and a buddy hooked up for a game on LAN - thats an experience to remember!

Yeah, I was really dissapointed with the gameplay in AVP2... The story and almost everything else was better, but it wasn't really a big deal if an Alien landed a few hits anymore, and that sucked.

Oh, and isn't there a new game coming? Colonial Marines?

I can't stand games that give you about a 5% chance of survival before you get another 5% chance ten seconds later if you pull a miracle in surviving that first shot.

I completely see your point here about the friendly AI - I had really high hopes for this game when I heard it was going to be released. That said, I still think it looks great and has a really unique approach when you fly with the newtonian physics, and the dynamic campaign is always interesting.

I didn't find it unbeatable, per se, but I do know that the game is really meant to be played using the newtonian physics model. When it is in 'arcade mode,' many of the enemy weapons are difficult to defeat. It really is more of a Falcon 4.0 then a Strike Commander, for example...

Oh, and isn't there a new game coming? Colonial Marines?

Colonial Marines is more a straight up 'Aliens' game I believe (not an AVP game). It's still in the works, but that could change depending on what happens with Gearbox' next game release. The last Brothers in Arms game didn't do anywhere near what they hoped for in sales, and they've been cutting back on staff. Word has been that if Borderlands comes out and doesn't sell Colonial marines could end up on the scrap heap. (Though depending on what shape it's in it could just change developers too).

Oh, and this thread has kind of turned into "games I don't like" as opposed to a thread about the actual "worst" games, which would have to include Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness((PC). I played it as long as I could but there were so many crippling bugs in the PC version to the point where it litterally was unplayable after a point.

It came with my graphics card and it did have good graphics for the time (one of the first to use some the new Directx features at the time) but it took an hour just to get the controls feeling ok... Might have been better with a gamepad but my computer didn't have one at the time.

At one point there was a boss monster that I beat out of sheer fluke. It wasn't anywhere near clear how to do it without reading a cheat sheet either. And then I pretty much got stuck and gave up.

The story may have been interesting if I had been able to progress through the game, but not interesting enough for me to persist through the horribleness of the experience.

Master of Orion 3

Eh, I don't think MOO3 really qualifies as "worst", other than in regards to one's personal preferences. Sure, compared to 1 and 2 it's a rather serious letdown, but considered on its own it's not too horrible, I think.

I played MOO3 pretty often for about a year. definitely not a good game.. but not really a bad one..

on an unrelated note, stardock is trying to aquire the rights to the MOO franchise from Atari

The worst game I've played: Escape from Monkey Island. Bleh! The voice-acting was the best part, really...
Hmm, I didn't like the new voice for Elaine - the one from Curse was just plain better.

That said, I don't think Escape from Monkey Island was so bad that it would qualify as the worst game ever. It's merely the worst of the four Monkey Island games (and even there, I daresay, Monkey Island 2 is a very strong rival for the "worst" claim, thanks to its horrible, horrible ending).

On a sidenote - wow, Silent Warrior. Been a while...

Escape from MI is the only MI I haven't played yet (though I played the demo which I didn't find too bad). I am trying for a while now to get the MI series in English but I haven't had luck yet in that. When I found them, they were very pricey. If I don't find them soon though, I guess I should buy them in German before they're not available anymore...

Since nobody mentiones Battlecruiser Millenium yet, I won't either.
So my vote goes to Sierra's Phantasmagoria - lame story, lame acting, requires split-millisecond reactions to reach the end. Bleh.

Hmm, I didn't like the new voice for Elaine - the one from Curse was just plain better.

That said, I don't think Escape from Monkey Island was so bad that it would qualify as the worst game ever. It's merely the worst of the four Monkey Island games (and even there, I daresay, Monkey Island 2 is a very strong rival for the "worst" claim, thanks to its horrible, horrible ending).

On a sidenote - wow, Silent Warrior. Been a while...

"Escape" was okay. But I thought it felt to "jarring", especially after playing "Curse of Monkey Island". The transition from cartoony to 3D was a bit much for me, personally. The engine looked wonderful on "Grim Fandango", but it never looked/felt right in MI.

Ah, Elaine... another reminder of why I find English women to be (and sound) so hot!

Back