#Wingnut Chat Event - Sept 18

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Earlier this month at the CIC's 12th birthday party many of us said that we should do events like the birthday more often. It was nice to see everybody and have some great discussions. We'd like to do it again.

On September 18th, 7 pm EST (currently GMT-5) in #wingnut we'll be doing it again.

WC chat, MP games, a few prizes (yeah, I've got a few things I'd like to give to some deserving fan) and just an overall good time.

We'll also be doing quite a bit of chat about WCPedia which has really taken off since the birthday party. We've been adding content faster than we ever have before. From historical documents to mission entries to battle histories we've been making serious headway. I think my goal of doubling the project will be shattered before the year is out...

So if you missed the party earlier this month or were one of the people who said we should do this more often, here's your chance.

If you don't know how to join #wingnut see the instructions here on how to set up an IRC client or just use the CIC Java chat client here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say I cannot be there. Would be better to have it on a Friday evening / Saturday morning, but can't please everyone, I suppose.

To clarify, based on Dund's information, the event will be Saturday, 18th September at 23:00 UTC. United States Eastern Summer Time is actually UTC-0400, not UTC-0500. From there, it should be easy to work out your own time-zone according to your UTC offset. Failing that, there's always numerous Internet time calculators you can look up.

Great!! count me in..i unfortunately missed the Birthday Party, so this should be a lot of fun.

EDIT: if we can get Ironduke we could do a Tac Ops game!
Sheesh, that's really late in my time zone (and I have to work that weekend)... BUT if you're lucky, Avacar will have an early playable version of TacOps ready by then. Who knows...! ;)

That said, it's always a good idea to have more big chat events! :)

We plan on holding them more often.

The #wingnut regulars are on fairly often. The last few weeks LOAF and I have spent hours dissecting WC. So feel free to drop by whenever.

Everyone can always drop by #wingnut regularly. There a few of us who talk WC (and other thing) daily especially with WCPedia moving into a high gear lately. We've had some great discussions.

So come join us!

#WingNut may be very quiet right now because a number of us are on the way to DragonCon--but don't let that fool you, it's a happening place.

Awesome!

The more the merrier!

I've got a hurricane barreling down at me this weekend so I'll be around. All my plans basically got washed out....

*rimshot*

The image from the news update got me thinking....did we ever find out what happened to that WC mega pack offered up by EA? Like who won it?

#wingnut is back to life with everyone back from DragonCon....11 days till the big event!

For those who check this tonight/today we are having quite a discussion. Looking at the fleets of both sides at the end of WC3...we've made some interesting discoveries looking through the video...stop by #wingnut if you're inclined!

midwayflightdeck4highres.jpg

I wish we would have had a static shipboard Flight Deck on the Midway. Obviously they made it for the greenscreen, and it looks so badass. Could have been one click off the ready-room and accessible when there was an emergency launch (with the high res ship models sitting on the side).

Less than a week to go. I'm hoping many of you have cleared out your evenings to come hang out with some fellow wingnuts. We've been having some great discussions lately trying to getting information compiled for WCPedia articles. Since the CIC birthday just over a month ago, WCPedia has seen more activity then in any other time in its history. LOAF has been chipping in as well check out his page on the Kilrah System.

Saturday's chat isn't going to be exclusively about WCPedia though, I'm more looking forward to playing some WCP MP (let's see if we can't break our previous record for game size...), Armada and Arena. I've got a few WC products I'd like to give a good home as well.

See you all on Saturday!

Back