Wing Commander Posters

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
Hello Everyone,

I've been reading the news on the site recently about CIG and I've noticed some WC memorabilia I have never seen before. Namely the giant Wing Commander 3/4 posters that are about the size of two A3 sheets put together, possibly bigger. Which are framed on the wall. Has anyone else seen these for sale? is it possible to buy them, or were they custom made? I've seen that premiere edition WC3 had posters but as far as I'm aware they come folded whereas the ones in the photos don't have crease lines on them. Thoughts?

They were contemporary promotional posters, which were given out to everyone who worked on the game. The ones you see around CIG are Chris' personal copies (I believe there are two sets around the office.) They become available at auction occasionally; George Oldziey recently sold his posters during his Wing Commander Kickstarter! There's also a similar film-style Wing Commander Prophecy poster, but I don't believe Chris has one. (I have all three on the wall in my home office.)

Back in the day, the Wing Commander III poster was available as a retailer incentive; if you pre-ordered the game at a Waldensoftware you got the poster in a tube. The WCIV and WCP posters were given out at events and trade shows and to the press (including at the Mark Hamill signings they did for that game), but weren't printed widely.

Back