Wing Commander: Invasion

Major A Payne

Rear Admiral
Hello to you all. I'm not sure if people here know this but if you play Star Trek Armada the Wing Commander: Invasion TC project is comming into its beta v3.0. If anyones interested I've rebuilt alot of the confederation stations which the WCIC have pics of. Could anyone who wants to take a look please go to the forum before and post a comment back here?? I'd like some good feedback of my efforts from some die hard wing commander players/fans. For those wing commander/star trek armada players theres also a poll for the addition of the Confederation class Dreadnought. I've only had three votes so if possible could you please vote.

(Please bare in mind that the stations that I've re-created won't be 100% accurate as they have to be made suitable for play with Star trek armada). Also if anyone wants these models in 3dmax (v4.0) or 3ds then contact me on icq 60839084, let me know which ones you want and I'll pass them over.

Anyway, thanks for your time in reading this, now heres the forum link:

http://209.162.142.73/~stgn/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21

That's some very impressive work there, Major Payne :). About the only thing I found a bit objectionable was the use of Axius as the basis of the refinery... in the eyes of WC fans, Axius is, well, a rather evil place. Still, you can't really see much of Axius in the refinery, so it should be all right.

As for the Confederation-class, I think the only way you can include it is as a hero vessel. Why? This design comes from the early '60s, and the mod takes place 20 years later. Although there might be one or two Confederation-class dreadnoughts still around, it's almost guaranteed that nobody would build one. See, the main advantage of the Confederation-class was that it had a really, really big gun. However, five years after its design, they decided to retire the gun due to continual problems (ships blowing up and such). While existing Confederation-class ships still have their gun and might use it in an emergency, new ships wouldn't include it. And, well, since the Phase-Transit Cannon is so big that it actually forms the keel of the ship, it would be difficult to build a Confed-class without it :).
BTW, if you include it as a hero vessel, don't name it the TCS Concordia - that ship is dead. This also means that you'll need to change the texture just a bit, because the Concordia was number 65.

Thanks for the reply Quarto. It was Wildcat who textured the original but now I know I'll see about getting the number changed or removed. As for the rest, I'm still not sure whats happening concenrign the Confed class yet, as the Confeds has probably the most amount of vessels from all sides (althoguh the Kilrathi haven't been sent to me for conversion as yet) Also the Axius is the only model which even vaguely resembles a refinery, so it was the one I settled for. I may change the design slightly though, as the stations just plain ugly as it is.

Hey, you know, there was actually a refinery in Privateer. Most likely, you'd have to make it from scratch, since Privateer used pre-rendered bitmap sprites, but still... although I can't say that refinery was particularly neat-looking either :p.

I also noticed one small problem With your Blackmane Base mesh...
stretch it upwards...
it looks squashed from above and below,
also that mesh should have the bays coming out of the two big ends....

I have a Refinery mesh, if you want it, I also have a Mesh of Confed HQ and the Kilrathi Base, and even the Mining base from privateer, All I ask in return is for some of your meshes...

I Like what you've done

Although i don't have a real computer(Webtv i have),i have been keeping up with your WC:Invasion & i must say i like it so far.

I was just woundering what's the basic storyline for the single player game?

Back