WING: Commander Invasion 15/08/09 update

Major A Payne

Rear Admiral
Hello again all. Its been some time and with inherent problems that this game has been giving me from time to time, the v1.0 release lost a couple of things that I was really hoping to include. Anyway, the v1.5 beta release was put out just over a week ago and in includes some of the function that I wanted (one of which was the inclusion of more "unique" weapons projectiles, although they did come out all the same colour which will be looked at, at another time). Still, work is still slowly progressing and with help from a few members of the EaW community I've finally gotten the dam custom GC in progress. For those who don't know the way the game plays, the GC is basically a pre-set campaign style which is semi-dynamic in play. The original map had planets which designated star wars based star systems, but for the purposes of the first custom GC I removed ALL the planets and have just the basic solar system available. Whilst its still work in progress at the moment the sun is placed directly in the middle which each of the 8 planets spaced unevenly around it. There are still around 40-50 locations which I'm going to include (many of these are actually the inner asteroid belt just inbetween mars and jupiter. The other is the Kuiper Belt. Theres also several of the well known moons as well to be included). I've posted three up-to-date images showing a few of the current planets on my MODDB profile. For v2.0 release I'm going to include this complete GC and several additional ships and altered structures.

Now to a question. Does anyone know who made a small space station known as "Pioneer". It looks like a central verticle piece connected to an outer 5 sided section. I grabbed the images from somewhere but can't remember who made it originally. ANy help is appreciated.

Attachments

• wcpioneer78.jpg
    wcpioneer78.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 116
It's not called station Pioneer... it's from Pioneer. That would be Howard Day's model.

Having just had a play of the new release - I like the new weapons balance - it works nicely. Unfortunately the computer now fails to build anything in skirmish mode. Also maybe i didnt find one that did, but it seems that now fighters have no effect on space stations - leaving the capships to do all the work - this is fine but maybe bombers should have a very slow refire rate extra weapon, this includes heavy fighters such as the excalibur.

Aside from the somewhat unimpressive enemy now the mod is coming on amazingly, I can't wait to see what the GC is like.

Hmmmm, I'll have to go back through the AI coding and see if anythings wrong with it. Can't understand why some people are having an issue with it. Strictly speaking the fighters, unless attacking en masse shouldn't have much of an effect on anything larger than another fighter. The bombers though are another matter and I'll have a look over them. Perhaps introduce a special missile volley weapon for them to hit with freater power. I've not really messed with the special abilities as yet, but rest assured something will be done about it.

Howard, I'll PM you after posting this although I PM'ed you on SFM I hadn't realised you've not been there in a while.

Did you manage to fix the AI not spawning anything in the end?

I really enjoy the MOD :) but would love the AI to get off its backside ~~~ :)

Great work please keep it up!

Unfortunately not as yet. I do have a few possible solutions but it might be the necessity to include a map for the ground portion which is causing the stupidity in the AI.

Back