Wing Commander Games

Soko

Spaceman
Does anyone know where I'd be able to buy Wing Commander games? I'm looking for the original games. WC1 &2, secret missions and special ops. WC3, and 4 as well.

Also has anyone been able to get these things to run on newer systems? Ie. p4?

The games are available all over eBay, cheap too. You can get the older games to work on newer PCs using DosBox or some other emulation/slowdown program, but I've read of numerous problems with joystick support, sound, speed issues, etc. I'd suggest trying to find an older PC at a garage sale or in a secondhand store. That's what I did and I've had great luck this far with very few problems. Good luck!

Edfilho said:
I bough my one at a time, carefully picking the best ones in stores all over tyhe world.

That is good advice from Edfilho. Take your time if you aren't in a hurry and buy the most complete games your finances will allow. Early on, while I was trying to rebuild part of my collection, I often jumped at the first or second thing to come along. :rolleyes: You really don't have to do that. The hardest/most expensive ones to get seem to be the Kilrathi Saga and Prophecy Gold. The rest are usually rather plentifull in number and reasonably priced. Be selective and do it right- you'll thank yourself in the long run.

yeah, do it over time, Ive been working up my collection for about 5 years now, and Im missing Armada( just put a bid on it though, for about $3 cdn!) academy Privateer 2, and the original wc. I saw a Kilrathi Saga on sale on ebay thats going for $107 US but Im not getting it, I already got those games working except for the first wc which I can pick up for a reasonable price at half.com or ebay.

Nice, You've a good sellection already...
Hum. Maybe I should buy a decent WC2 original version, I've got KS in a CDR and wc2 Deluxe which came bundled with a multimedia kit. No pretty box and paper manuals... I got the WC4 DVD form ebay dirty cheap. Next month I'll chase wc2 deluxe.

If anyone comes across a good copy, please let me know.

Hehe, guess I was more lucky (timewise!) :) Just started really collecting about a year ago (or less). And what I'm most proud of is my KS for only 59€ which I got a few weeks ago - yes complete in box. ;) - Second is WCIV DVD double sided + DXR3 card for 15-20€ (forgot exact price), which isn't that much either, imho. Only ones missing now are: Privateer 2 (not sure if I'll buy it, love the main series more), WC Academy game. Maybe also will buy WC3 for 3DO. But guess no Prophecy Gold for me, cause I've got already two normal versions. Only reason would be cause I don't have any box anymore :( - throw away both, what a shame. That was before I started collecting WC-games... Btw, didn't know the gold one was worth so much. But haven't looked at prices that closely...

I only need:

Secret Missions I and II
Secret Operations I and II
WC III (PC)
Kilrathi Saga
WC IV (PC)
Secret Ops
Privateer I
Rightous Fire (Almost got it once)
Privateer II
Academy

TopGun said:
I only need:

Secret Missions I and II
Secret Operations I and II
WC III (PC)
Kilrathi Saga
WC IV (PC)
Secret Ops
Privateer I
Rightous Fire (Almost got it once)
Privateer II
Academy

If you get KS, WC3, both SM and Both SO will be solved.
WCIV and Priv are easy to find on ebay. So is academy.

I need WC1, SM1&2, SO 1&2, And Special Ops and Academy. Otherwise my WC collection will be complete. I'm not sure I want Academy, I played it when it came out and it wasn't all that interesting. It seemed to me to be a stop-gap WC title until Origin could put another real game out. I'm still on the fence about that one. I wish I could get my hands on KS without having to donate a vital organ or a limb.

Here is the list that I have and am wondering what is out there that I am missing:

WC1 Deluxe (SM 1 and 2)
WC2 Deluxe (SO 1 and 2)
WC3
WC4
WC4 Dual Sided DVD
Privateer 1 Deluxe (both Privateer and Riteous Fire on CD)
Privateer 2
Prophecy
Prophecy Gold (to have the SO)
Kilrathi Saga

I know that I am missing Academy and Armada. Are there any others that I am missing? I don't care about GameBoy versions or anything like that. Just PC versions.

All you need is armada and academy.
Armada is great, if you can make it work. And it's the only mp Wc.
Academy is more of a Mission maker and souped up simulator pod than a full game. Nice enough for a couple of hours.

Secret Ops was a free mission pack released to Wing Commander Prophecy for free by Origin a few years back. You downloaded each episode once a week I think it was.

Yes, but now you can only download the main version without the episodes as far as I know. The only legal way to still get the full version is Prophecy Gold. - Or am I wrong there?

Hello,

it looks that I'm pretty much complete :). Some of the stuff I found on the weekly fleamarket here in my hometown (Stuttgart, Germany), some on Ebay, Amazon and elsewhere. It took me about 2 years.
I'm just missing SO2, Prophecy Gold and KS (which are hard to get in Germany). If somebody wanna sell this stuff to me, feel free to tell me :)
( In fact I got SO2, but just downloaded it from some, not mentioned , source :)) )

WC 1 3,5 " Disk & CD
WC 1 DeLuxe Edition 5 1/4" Disk(SM1 & 2)
WC 1 Add On SM1 5 1/4" Disk(In originally Case)
WC 1 Amiga Disk(Yes I own an Amiga 500)
WC 2 5 1/4"
Wc 2 3,5" 1,44mb (7 Disks)
Wc 2 3,5" 720 kb (14 Disks)
WC 2 Add On SO1 3,5" Disks (In originally Case)
WC 3
WC 4
WC Prophecy
WC Academy 3,5" Disk
WC Armada CD
Privateer CD (incl. RF)
Righteous Fire Add On 2 3,5" Disks (bought this 3 months ago. Brand new out of the shelf and never opened before!)
Privateer 2

Anything is in the original case and as far as I know, complete.

Besides I got:
A couple of Strategy guides, incl. the Origin 'Wing Commander I & II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide' by Mike Harrison. In this Book is an Interview with Chris Roberts and about 40 Pages of 'Software meets the Movies: Making Wing Commander'!

And to complete the collection, I also got:

Wing Commander: The Movie on DVD (btw, almost as bad as the 'Battlestar Galactica' movie)
WC Prophecy Soundtrack

7 Books (all in German):

Fleet Action - Die Geheimflotte
Heart of the Tiger - Das Herz des Tigers
Action Stations - Die Bedrohung
Freedom Flight - Die Befreier
End Run - Der Hinterhalt
The Price of Freedom - Der Preis der Freiheit
Wing Commander (The Movie) -Wing Commander: Das Buch zum Film

Did I miss something important to complete the Collection?

Back