Wing Commander Games

I'm just missing SO2, Prophecy Gold and KS (which are hard to get in Germany).
Was unable to find Prophecy Gold so far myself.
But KS pops up once in a while at ebay. - That's where I got mine for 59€ :D - So if you look often enough at ebay, you can get that one in Germany, too ;) (Ok, maybe not for 59€, but the other one I saw went for 105€ which is quite OK for Germany, imho)
to SO2: You can get one also in the Deluxe CD version WCII (or WCI&II Deluxe CD)
Did I miss something important to complete the Collection?
Yes, you forgot the WCIV DVD- double sided version ;)
And maybe Super Wing Commander, cause it's totally different from the normal version. But for that one you'd need a 3do console or a Mac...

Hello,

THE_WUQKED said:
Was unable to find Prophecy Gold so far myself.
But KS pops up once in a while at ebay. - That's where I got mine for 59€ :D - So if you look often enough at ebay, you can get that one in Germany, too ;) (Ok, maybe not for 59€, but the other one I saw went for 105€ which is quite OK for Germany, imho)
I guess I did bit for that one, but my limit was to low :). But lately I did not look @ Ebay, so I missed the cheap one. You where pretty lucky, I did 't saw this one :).
THE_WUQKED said:
to SO2: You can get one also in the Deluxe CD version WCII (or WCI&II Deluxe CD)
I'm going to look for it.
THE_WUQKED said:
Yes, you forgot the WCIV DVD- double sided version ;)
And maybe Super Wing Commander, cause it's totally different from the normal version. But for that one you'd need a 3do console or a Mac...
I'm not really interested in the Console versions.

Something else: I saw @ Amazon a novel called False Colours, do you know the German title? Or do I have to purchase the English book?

I guess I did bit for that one, but my limit was to low :). But lately I did not look @ Ebay, so I missed the cheap one. You where pretty lucky, I did 't saw this one :).
Honestly I wasn't clever enough. :( I started my 137€ (yes, that high although it was 42€ at that moment, cause the last time i was beat in the last sec, no joke :( ) bid 3mins before ending, and not during the last minute. That way the price rised from 43€ to 59€ slowly (no idea why the other guy only highered in 50 cent - 1€ steps ^^)
But on the other hand - I'm very happy about it, especially cause th box is in great conditions :D

Such a pain to be reminded that I didn't get WC KS when I first saw it for 50 Deutsche Mark! But I thought, naa, that's too much money for 3 games I already own. What a fool I was. Then I had to get it the complicated and very pricey way - in the end too much to really enjoy it. :(

And Barfly: False Colors is IMHO one of the best WC novels, I really recommend it.

i just got academy a week ago and am really regretting wasting my moey on it. Ive played it twice and am already bored with it. but I finally won armada and it'll be here in a few days so that'll keep me busy over the summer :) !

I found Academy to be fun, especially flying the Wraith and Jrathek. Also, flying against all those Confed crafts was a nice change. Try imaging your own campaign and build several missions following some sort of stroy line.
And it has a nice manual.

Cool Beans!

Heh. My collection's still relatively small. I bought most of my Wing Commander games when they made it to the CD-ROM Classics series, meaning I've got a lot of incomplete copies.

What I've got:

WC2 Deluxe (CD-Rom Classics version, all I really have is the game)
Privateer Gold (this was only done for the CD-Rom Classics. VERY nice)
Armada
Acadamy
WC4 (pwetty red box version)

I REALLY NEED WC3! I had an old copy of WC1 back in the day, I've still got old copies of it floating around on various floppies, but the easiest way for me to complete things would be to get Kilrathi Saga, Privateer 2, and Prophecy Gold. I'm only looking for playthroughs here more than collecting EVERYTHING.

I really like Gauntlet fo the Dreamcast. RED WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY!
But that has nothing to do with WC.

I dont really like Gaunlets though, I like missions where theres a et goal other than destroy as many ships as you can in a few minutes. but sometimes those are fun. just depends on what mood im in.

What cardinal rule? Not liking Dreamcast games?

I usually don't like gauntlet missions, I lack the resolve to just keep fighting without a reason.

Ah, ok. I was worried I broke any rules around here... :D I'm glad I can like Dreamcast games. Altough there's no WC for it, they made a nice version of Starlancer.

Back