WING COMMANDER: DEFIANT Official Thread

Paragon

Spaceman
First of all, I'd like to thank the CIC for recognizing my entry in the Xbox 360 contest. It was a blast (and several hours of hard work) to create. I'm humbled that I got a special mention.

And yes, Wing Commander: Defiant will be a weekly comic strip!

I'd like to say that this will be an experiment for me as far as my art style. While I am proud of the strip I produced for the contest, it was created in a very short amount of time (I started 48 hours before the deadline). For this reason, I think I sacrificed a small amount of quality. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring a bit more to the table in subsequent strips.

As for the next strip, I have started it and it should be available on Friday. It will be the "official" first strip, marked as number 1. The contest strip was a basic prologue. For those interested in a teaser, we will see the actual TCS Defiant (yes, the namesake of the strip) and some of the supporting characters.

Finally, I end this first post with a parting gift: The un-colored, un-lettered original artwork for the prologue strip...

Attachments

• WCD_pro_gray.jpg
    WCD_pro_gray.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 235
Yeah, I was very impressed with your contest entry, Paragon. :cool:

Can't wait to see the next strip!

I was pretty impressed with your entry too.. I speak from experience, the comic pages are alot more time consuming and involved than it seems.. if you keep it up it will be fabulous, it'll just encourage me as well!

VERY nice work! I can't wait to seem more.

Excellent work sir!
A weekly comic is a good candidate for display at the top of the CIC homepage, surely...!

As for the next strip, I have started it and it should be available on Friday. It will be the "official" first strip, marked as number 1. The contest strip was a basic prologue. For those interested in a teaser, we will see the actual TCS Defiant (yes, the namesake of the strip) and some of the supporting characters.

Hey Paragon, any updates on how this project is coming along?

Back