Wing Commander Album To Begin Shipping (January 5, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
There's great news from Origin composer George Oldziey. The physical copies of his Wing Commander music album have arrived from the manufacturer, and he's now prepping them for shipment. Copies should start going out over the next week for Wingnuts who pledged back in 2014. One of the most frequent questions we've seen over the last year is from fans who missed the original campaign but are still interested in obtaining a copy. The project is still not a commercial venture, but now that George has his final production lot and a better account of the costs (certain things like international shipping came out more expensive than projected), he's making a number of extra units available. Fans that donate $20 to offset the remaining costs will get a digital copy of the album, the collectible physical CD (including a digital copy) is available for those who contribute $40 and an autographed album is $60. Head over to his website to learn more!

Hi guys. I just received the shipment of Wing Commander orchestral music CDs. They look and sound great! I???ll be shipping them out to the donors at the appropriate tier levels next week.

--
Original update published on January 5, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like an oversight. I've talked with George and he's looking into an international option.

It sounds like Square doesn't do transactions outside the US. George will be setting up a Paypal option for international albums.

Yay, international orders are now available! Got an autographed CD on the way.

$4 shipping is ridiculously cheap.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, I can't find it for the life of me; is there a list of the tracks on the CD?

And if anyone balks at $60 for a CD, realize the autographed CD cost kickstarter backers $100. So this is a REALLY good deal.

Here's the CD track list - from the kickstarter update - https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ic-orchestral-recording-project/posts/1436393

Orchestral Tracks
1. Wing Commander Suite 8:53
2. WC4 Borderworlds Mission 2:00
3. WC3 Strike Mission 2:20
4. WC Prophecy Mission to Alien Space 3:31
5. WC4 Battle Medley 3:20
6. WC3 Behemoth 2:20
7. WC Prophecy Intense Combat 1:57
8. WC4 Mission 4 1:47
9. WC3 Defend Mission 1:55
10. WC4 Winning Endgame 4:46

Digital Sample Re-orchestrations
11. WC3 Combat 1 1:52
12. WC3 Flightdeck 1:21
13. WC3 Mission Failure 2:39
14. WC3 Victory 2:09
15. WC3 Thrakath Combat 1:46
16. WC4 Mission 1 2:19
17. WC4 Mission 6 3:23

And if anyone balks at $60 for a CD, realize the autographed CD cost kickstarter backers $100. So this is a REALLY good deal.

Here's the CD track list - from the kickstarter update - https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ic-orchestral-recording-project/posts/1436393

Orchestral Tracks
1. Wing Commander Suite 8:53
2. WC4 Borderworlds Mission 2:00
3. WC3 Strike Mission 2:20
4. WC Prophecy Mission to Alien Space 3:31
5. WC4 Battle Medley 3:20
6. WC3 Behemoth 2:20
7. WC Prophecy Intense Combat 1:57
8. WC4 Mission 4 1:47
9. WC3 Defend Mission 1:55
10. WC4 Winning Endgame 4:46

Digital Sample Re-orchestrations
11. WC3 Combat 1 1:52
12. WC3 Flightdeck 1:21
13. WC3 Mission Failure 2:39
14. WC3 Victory 2:09
15. WC3 Thrakath Combat 1:46
16. WC4 Mission 1 2:19
17. WC4 Mission 6 3:23

I find even 40$ is expensive for a 40 min album. Do you think the price will decrease if George signs an agreement with EA ?

It's hard to say. At this point, don't hold your breath for "commercial" release at any price. If you're just interested in the music, then $20 will get you all 17 tracks in a downloadable format. Think of the $40 tier for the physical CD as a collectible piece rather than something you'd actually use like a normal disc.

It's EA. If anything, they'll make it more expensive and kill it because George won't be able to hand over the money.

My only question is when should I expect an email to get a hold of the digital copy - I believe you get it even if you buy the CDs?

I think he mentioned most things should be handled within three days, but if you haven't gotten anything, then it wouldn't hurt to email him.

It has arrived!

Bask in its glory!

IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0048.jpg IMAG0049.jpg IMAG0050.jpg IMAG0051.jpg IMAG0052.jpg

I'm a bit miffed at my mail carrier. There's a few dings in the sleeve that leave a lot to be desired. That said, nothing else was ruined.

Can't wait to put the tracks on my phone for easy listening. The signature is even genuinely his signed in a permanent ink pen. I can't imagine how much his wrist hurt after signing all the applicable copies.

EDIT:
After some careful detail checking I'm not noticing either of my names (real or internet) in the members list. I'm a little put-off having donated $100 to the project but oh well.

Last edited:
I got in contact with George - I got the download links from him and he said the CD is on its way.

Thanks for posting the photos, Whistler! Some fun names in there -

Pedro Camacho - Composer for Star Citizen
Cloud Imperium Games
George A Sanger ('The Fat Man' - Wing Commander 1 composer)

There's probably a whole bunch more that I'm not recognising. Kind of wish I left my name on the original campaign funding now. :)

Back