Wing commander 3 control problem

Hiya guys I just bought WC3 from ebay cd rom version. the game is running great but there is one problem, I am playing using the mouse as my main control type and i can't afterburn or use autoslide and a few other keyboard controls however if i change the control type to keyboard everything works fine. if anybody has any ideas please help as i cannot stand playing this game with the keyboard as its sooooo slow!!! cheers

Yeah you have to use the mouse controls then. They should be in the Ref. Card. I would suggest a Joysick, then u can use both.

were can i get a copy of the mouse controls? my copy of the game didn't come with instructions or a ref card :( still it was only £2.99!!!

Um... A little help here... Not sure man I never used the mouse as a controller, It's worth to have an inexpensive joystick if your going to play though. I'll check at home to see if I can find the ref card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never figured it out, is there any way to use tab (or other key?) afterburner when mouse is used?
Because I really prefer mouse, have played all my PC WCs on mouse for last 20+ years (never did get myself a stick), but afterburner is a real annoyance in WC3.
I can use the mouse afterburner, but it's bit of finger acrobatics in heat of battle and then you can't turn simultaneously with mouse.

I never figured it out, is there any way to use tab (or other key?) afterburner when mouse is used?
Because I really prefer mouse, have played all my PC WCs on mouse for last 20+ years (never did get myself a stick), but afterburner is a real annoyance in WC3.
I can use the mouse afterburner, but it's bit of finger acrobatics in heat of battle and then you can't turn simultaneously with mouse.

Prophecy dropped mouse afterburner IIRC. Guess it wasn't working for anyone

Back