Why don't I hear anything about the Jrathek?

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
Looking at the ships database, the Jrathek's are extremely fast and maneuverable. Some of the versions look like it's built like a tank too (though the middle representation's shields aren't very thick). Why haven't I heard pilots complaining about how tough these are to shoot down?

Is it just because of the way WC2's game engine is set up that the speed and maneuverability aren't as effective? Maybe the guns aren't good at all? It appears to be the most deadly fighter the Kilrathi have carried with the exception perhaps of the Bloodfang.

You haven't heard about it because you refuse to attend the bi-monthly Jrathek Appreciation Team meetings.

(Or, more likely, because almost no one ever fights them. You have to either get particularly far in a gauntlet *or* specifically choose to fight them, as they appear only in Academy and Armada...)

In Academy the Jrathek never seemed that good. I mostly chose it for it's kickass cockpit.

In Armada it was an amazing ship, but nothing a Wraith couldn't handle.

I do like the Jrathek a lot, especially since it's one of the few examples of Kilrathi fighters that don't suck (though I think it's still inferior to the Wraith). I especially like how it looks like a modern Kilrathi fighter. I don't know how to put it but I think that if the Kilrathi existed with their unique look on aesthetic, I think they'd say the Jrathek looks sleek and modern. But that's probably my skewed human look on this.

Also, like Dyret, I think its cockpit is sweet. Though the Academy Plasma Bolts are one of those guns where I ask myself: why bother making (from an in-universe view) / implementing (from the programmer's view) it?

In Armada games I typically build Jratheks and Gorans when I play as Kilrathi. I like the capabilities of the Jrathek and they can handle most other enemies.

The Goran is just a beast of a fighter that's pretty well suited for its role of anti-capship but its gun loadout makes it a real fighter killer as well.

With radar, I've never really been bothered by a blind spot in Wing Commander. Cockpit visibility is more important, and that's fine on the Jrathek. It's one of the better choices to build and fly in Armada, better than decent.

Back