Who would be next?

Dak

Spaceman
I'm assuming that Tolwyn had managed to convince Confed to go to war with the Border Worlds in WC4 here.

How long would the conflict take before (I'm assuming again here) the Border Worlds would surrender (or worse)?

And then, perhaps more importantly, who would be the next target for Confed? Tolwyn's progress through conflict theory kind of falls apart if Confed reign supreme.

Maybe Tolwyn should have looked a bit further afield than the Border Worlds for his plans...

While this is also conjecture and nothing can be proven, I'd think Tolwyn would just play around with the Border Worlds. He'd get his war and drag it out for as long as possible, which is quite possible, considering he also has the use of the Black Lance to show the BW's "provocation" of war.

I'm pretty sure Landreich is a BW subsideary, which is something I read on this board once. After the Border Worlds was gone, Tolwyn could go start a fight with Kurger and his people.

Originally posted by LeHah
While this is also conjecture and nothing can be proven, I'd think Tolwyn would just play around with the Border Worlds.
And that'd turn into a Vietnam real quick. Wars that go on forever become unpopular. Even NAM had a high approval rating the first few years.

The idea is to get in, whupass, and leave. If you drag it out, people will want to stop. He'd need to find new targets eventually.

There's plenty of empires besides the TC and the Kilrathi-held worlds though, so no big deal.

[Edited by Frosty on 07-08-2001 at 08:49]

The longer you drag out a war with the BW's, the longer military funding holds out and the better the war-time economy is.

I think a Douglas MacArthur-esque Space Marshall could care less about public popularity.

Originally posted by LeHah
I think a Douglas MacArthur-esque Space Marshall could care less about public popularity.
Actually the correct term is "couldn't care less."

And that also has nothing to do with how long the war could continue.

Well, I would think, that since his plan was contingent on constant conflict, that if the BW were really getting their @sses handed to them, that he would have black ops to give them tactical advantages ... "Oh NO, the Border Worlds have captured one of our fighter manufacting stations, how horrible."

-The Gneech

It doesn't matter how bad the bad guys are, the population of Confed would eventually get sick of war.

the nephilm invasion would be over pretty quick. in this scenario the military would not be so cheap and the ships would be better. eg, casey getting somthing like Dragon mark 2's :)
in the real timeline the budget was cut to hell and confed still won.

And what about the firekkan?? I have't play the priateer and han't finished WCP so i don't know if they appear, I only game thay are mencion is in one of the WC1 Secrei misions, and in the map that comes WCP, what if the became tried of the TC and want to expand they ppl to another planet or what if Tolwyn convinse hem to join the BW to battle the TC?

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
And what about the firekkan?? I have't play the priateer and han't finished WCP so i don't know if they appear, I only game thay are mencion is in one of the WC1 Secrei misions, and in the map that comes WCP, what if the became tried of the TC and want to expand they ppl to another planet or what if Tolwyn convinse hem to join the BW to battle the TC?

i heard that the firekkan are part of the confederation. and its not a smart beast that consumes itself.
*stops gnawing on leg*

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
*stops gnawing on leg*

what does that mean anyway????? i'm not that good on englis expressions

[Edited by 15th Rampage on 07-08-2001 at 13:47]

gnawing is probably mispelled.
i was saying that i was chewing on my own leg. and putting it after saying that its stupid to consume (eat) ones self it a joke (however sad, its still a joke)

Don't try to confuse him. :p
It normally means Babelfish . For the case you don't know it.
http://www.babelfish.com
And it's quite normal. Not everybody here speaks the English language well. Look at me. My English is so terrible, that another user called it one time 'ghetto-English'. Ignore it. You're here,because of doing something for the forum and to be a good member of the community. If you are respected, nobody will critize you. Or if they do, it is mostly meant in a good way. For ex. Quarto, whom sometimes gives me helpful advises. :)

Back