Who is in charge here...

So we don't fight over this... I'm nominally in charge. For now. And just because I've been doing most of the work. If someone needs to say they are in charge because they want to put it on their resume or something I have no problem with that. This said, Brad and LOAF are the kitties to talk to as far as whether something is canon or not. WCU will have its original elements -- this is not a request, it's a statement of fact, it will happen -- , but let's try to not stray too far from canon that the game isn't recognizable anymore. As far as I'm concerned strict fidelity is more of a Remake issue at this point.

And sorry for the whole thing with Michelle, it's just that she needs help getting her life back on track and I thought that having to look after a bunch of us wingnuts would help :)

well what i meant was....

"WCU will have original elements": It will. We can put three tons of effort in making the game as canon-perfect and possible and it will still deviate some because it's a different sort of WC game. So we might as well TRY to stick to canon, but not flagellate ourselves if we don't :)

about me being in charge... meow, for now i guess ^^; i said it before i'm just trying to get things started so that eventually whoever wants can write WCU plots and put them up for download. There will be wonderful ones and there will be crappy ones. Such is life :) I hope that it will mostly be the first of course!

spiritplumber said:
well what i meant was....

"WCU will have original elements": It will. We can put three tons of effort in making the game as canon-perfect and possible and it will still deviate some because it's a different sort of WC game. So we might as well TRY to stick to canon, but not flagellate ourselves if we don't :)

about me being in charge... meow, for now i guess ^^; i said it before i'm just trying to get things started so that eventually whoever wants can write WCU plots and put them up for download. There will be wonderful ones and there will be crappy ones. Such is life :) I hope that it will mostly be the first of course!

hmm i think the original WC Universe should be as close to wc series as possible. Downloadable plots is nothing more but the mods/add'ons and add'on and mods may bring what ever they want. But the WC:U itself should be very very very close to the original and do not have stuff that doesn't existed between wc2 and wc3 timelines. At that case we should be very careful ;)

I think the idea should be for the formal team to build the playground -- Privateer writ large with all the elements a Wing Commander fan could want... and then let them use the ships and elements we've created to tell their own stories.

yep, that is indeed the idea. Which iswhy I'm really looking forward to whatever plot you and Brad will write because I suspect that you'll write "historical missions". :)

Well, I'm just guessing that this is something you might do, since you're the most qualified kitty to.

As to flames etc. Please take it to the Official Fight Thread :) so we keep the rest of the board clean for actual work.

I'm a game designer, not a historian. My familiarity with Wing Commander continuity has very little to do with my capacity for telling interesting stories.

Back