Where are the arrow fans?

I loved the Arrow

The only missions in WC3 I didn't tackle with the Arrow were the ones where you needed torpedoes, and the ones where we had the Excal available. I hated that damn Hellcat, it was a worthless piece of junk. And it was ugly. Ugly fighters are bad fighters.

The Arrow's autoslide is great with Nightmare. I find that level extremely difficult and in some missions the only option was to burn, autoslide and wait for the enemy's afterburners to run out, and then the Kilrathi are easy meat.

i also always flew the arrow until the excal. came along. loved it fast, handled well, auto-slide, though i never really used the ejection seat much....

Re: I loved the Arrow

Originally posted by Rambo_UK
The only missions in WC3 I didn't tackle with the Arrow were the ones where you needed torpedoes, and the ones where we had the Excal available. I hated that damn Hellcat, it was a worthless piece of junk. And it was ugly. Ugly fighters are bad fighters.

Agreed

Also you have more firepower.

I liked the Arrrow cause it had more Missile Hardpoints, but the Hellcat had a better range of Missiles. I used the Excall once it was made availble to all. Just like I used the Shroud for all Missions in Starlancer once I got access

Originally posted by Delance
A true arrow fan needs no torps!
No; a true Arrow fan knows the limits of his machine, and when it's time to swap out for another bird. That way, he can get back to his beloved Arrow all the more quickly. :)

Originally posted by Preacher
No; a true Arrow fan knows the limits of his machine, and when it's time to swap out for another bird. That way, he can get back to his beloved Arrow all the more quickly. :)

Yes, if he is reasonable. :)

But to actually to strike capital ships with Arrows is quite a challenge on itself. I think it take too long to autoslide/strafe them into destruction. I think a torp and heavy guns can do a better job.

I think it take too long to autoslide/strafe them into destruction. I think a torp and heavy guns can do a better job.

Really?
I don´t think so.

Originally posted by Ghost
Really?
I don´t think so.

Personaly, I'd would choose a Thunderbolt, but a true arrow fan would, indeed, prefer the Arrow to attack large capships. :)

Die Hard Arrow Fan

Even a die hard arrow fan like me knows the value of torpedoes. You can tackle capships with an Arrow, but it's a headache.

Yes, if he is reasonable. :)

But to actually to strike capital ships with Arrows is quite a challenge on itself. I think it take too long to autoslide/strafe them into destruction. I think a torp and heavy guns can do a better job.

But definitely not as fun!

Back