When will I see Saga

climber

Spaceman
When do we expect to see saga guys. I am looking forward to it. All this waiting is a little bit annoying. I have almost finished my degree, once I leave Uni and get a job what am I going to do to while away all the hours whilst there is no assignment work to be done

climber said:
what am I going to do to while away all the hours whilst there is no assignment work to be done

Well, once upon a time, men often talked of legends . . . legends of mythical creatures called "girlfriends" . . .

Those who brag about social interactions can almost be guaranteed not to have those social interactions they brag about.

Nothing against you personally. :>

Ihave the girlfriend, She lectures at the college I am at, not in my subjects but she lectures there. besides, how I spend my somewhat hermit like lifestyle is surely up to me and i enjoy it that way. Training, making models, playing WC now and then and getting together with mates to climb some mountains.

But the point was, when will I see Saga,

Hm, normally I let Tolwyn answer this kind of questions, but he seems to be not around these days, so let me give you at least a rough scetch about the release-dates.

We are currently working on our prologue, and besided that on the interface, flight models and other stuff. Most important is, that we try hard to press as many WC-Feeling as possible into the freespace-engine.

If we wouldn't change things all over again, the release would be certainly sooner, on the other hand, everything overworked is simply to damned good, so we must insert it into the game :)

Also, if our voice-actors wouldn't be that lazy (I always have to wait 2 months for getting 10 lines corrected), things would go also faster :( (*hint*: So if you want to help us, send us some voice-lines. If I like it, I have no problem in kicking a lazy actor out and take other actors instead.

About the Prologue, this isn't 100% sure, since it depends when I will receive missing stuff to complete the prologue-missions, but I think you can expect it within the first quarter of 2005. But again, I can not take a 100% gurantee on this.

About the main-release, there can be no date targeted on, since there are way to many factors which must be taken into account. By looking into the script, the main-release is bigger (and it's mission much more complex) than all other WC-Games before (without the videos of course), so you can imagine that it will need time.

Stay tuned, and trust me, when I'm saying that it is well worth waiting for :)

climber said:
. All this waiting is a little bit annoying.

Yes, but it will be worth it!! I know for a fact that if SAGA was released early without these finial stages it will be the fans that rushed it that are the first to complain about it. So just be patient so when it is released you can enjoy it not have that lack luster "could have been better" feeling.

Ed

I can wait, I have no problem doing that. I am happy to do so. It is just nice to know where things stand is all. Sometime in the next few months is perfect. Have lots of work on right now.

As for voice acting, not too sure whether I did some or not. It was either for saga or standoff. I was a ship comms chap I think. Check it out for me please, I was dealing with a chap called Mark Riley according to my records. Who knows. I can do many more comedy accents too. Brummy would sound good I reckon.

sounds like a good plan. any indication as to what to send, any lines knocking about? hope they are realistic!

Hmmm,

Looked at the lines and I will give them a shot but they are a little off. Not trying to be a Prima Donna or sound like an arse but who really talks like that. Some of the lines are realistic but most aren't.

I shall try, do you have any other lines though, some character specific ones. I don't mind, any character that is as yet not cast.

Those are generic comm-lines used by wingman from the AI, and they are just for
giving us some of your voice-samples, don't bother too much about their content.

I we like your voice (don't take it personal if not) then you might get a character from the script assigned as your role :)

How about I just chat away about something or other, the price of fish or perhaps why I have a sore leg, will that suffice?

Back