When did the McAuliffe missions occur?

I've been working on the timeline entries on the wingkipedia. I've ran into a snag with the first two McAuliffe missions. Bandit Loaf's WC Timeline Skeleton which we're basing the timeline on says the missions occurred on 2654.131 while ingame it says 2654.117. Which is right?

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, there is a somewhat random element to the dates listed in WC1. I'm not sure, but I think using the mission selector will reset the date to whatever is the base or starting point hard-coded into the program. LOAF's skeleton timeline is as good a starting point as any, especially since it tries to make as much use of timing information as possible, as indicated in the notes column.

IIRC, there is a somewhat random element to the dates listed in WC1. I'm not sure, but I think using the mission selector will reset the date to whatever is the base or starting point hard-coded into the program. LOAF's skeleton timeline is as good a starting point as any, especially since it tries to make as much use of timing information as possible, as indicated in the notes column.

O.k. thanks. I figured it was something like that but I wanted to make sure before I entered it into the pedia.

Wedge is correct, the Wing Commander I dates (with the exception of the first one) are somewhat random... most of the skeleton dates are extracted from various 'known' events. It's very complete for Wing Commander I, since we hear a lot of dialog about your mission 'yesterday', and also have a good five or six missions specifically established in timelines.

Space Point

Back