Whee! Party time!

Antix

Rear Admiral
I know I dropped of the radar for a while there... sorry about that, whoever I was accountable to around here. Unfortunateyl for myself, life cropped up. I still have parental units and they didn't take kindly to a bit of information they became privy to of late. Anyway, I'm back and anxiously awaiting the release of the mod. It'll be nice to see if anything I did ended up being useful around here, lol, small though that may be. Thanks for keeping up the hard work guys!

Ciao
Lance "Antix" Thibodeaux

Sorry about that...

I was going to drop into the previous thread as a reply but I suppose I got a bit click happy and hit the wrong button. Sorry about that folks.

UE: the mos anticipades WC mod ever, is finaly comming out? we have to whait a few more days I supose, but one thing I for sure, this will be a cool joyride.

Im seeting here whating in the corner of room, whaiting to see waht is going to cross that door

I have taken the liberty of correcting your spelling mistakes and correcting some of the words so other people can read it :)
I hope I got the meaning right.

UE, the most anticipated WC mod ever, is finally coming out? we have to wait a few more days I suppose, but one thing I know for sure; this will be a cool joyride.

I'm sitting here waiting in the corner of a room, waiting to see what is going to come through that door.

thx for the english tips, Mi english is real bad, expecially wend writing :p anyway the last paragraft

"I'm sitting here waiting in the corner of a room, waiting to see what is going to come through that door."

Acctualy is a lyric of a song

"I'm here, sitting in the corner of a room, waiting to see what is going to cross that door."

Is a song writend By 2FB called Unknow Enemig :p

(self Propaganda)

Originally posted by Ghost
Any chance of play UE this weekend?

I'd say probably not this weekend (it doesn't really count as I'm just the lowly composer and I'm oblivious to just about everything else in the the mod), but I can say that all but one piece of music is left to be written, and that's for a cutscene that doesn't have a complete soundtrack yet. I believe there is also some beta testing left. For once music will not be the cause of a delay in the release of something.

This cannot be considered official, just because I'm a member of the UE development team. As to an exact release date, I'm honestly just as much in the dark as everyone else. My *Guess* would be next weekend or so. Again, this is just a guess, and not anything official. I really have no idea... just an estimate.

Originally posted by Needaham45
For once music will not be the cause of a delay in the release of something.

Actually, I think you'll be the last to finish.

...But only because I have to finish the sound in Rylex' scene before Michael can get onto it :p.

If it's as short as the other ones I actually may be able to get it done before debugging is completed... so don't count on my being the last to finish :p

Mmm, it's a race now? ;) I've been so busy this week back at uni, and undoubtedly I'll be busier still with final exams creeping up within a month or so, I probably won't even be able to taste UE for a while yet. Heck, I haven't even touched the 'orignal' stuff u sent me, Q! :( But it's still very exciting to see this project a step away from the finish line! :)

Im waiting for the Big moment.Oh Wedge009 great page of yours.

I'd say probably not this weekend (it doesn't really count as I'm just the lowly composer and I'm oblivious to just about everything else in the the mod), but I can say that all but one piece of music is left to be written, and that's for a cutscene that doesn't have a complete soundtrack yet. I believe there is also some beta testing left. For once music will not be the cause of a delay in the release of something.

This cannot be considered official, just because I'm a member of the UE development team. As to an exact release date, I'm honestly just as much in the dark as everyone else. My *Guess* would be next weekend or so. Again, this is just a guess, and not anything official. I really have no idea... just an estimate.

Why we musicians have to be blame of the dalay of everyting, making the right music for the mood of a sense in no tan ez job, problem is that comanies beleave tha music is ez, but no, music is something the heart of a sense,music make the deferense in a lot of stuff.

Needaham45 take you time making good music, I have hear some of your tune in the web page u have, his music is cool, and woking making the music of UE probably is one of you dreams come true. making the music for a WC game, that why I have try everything to make one of my tune apper in UE :p (sorry to everyone if sometimes I was so pushy (exasperating )). keep the good work Needaham45, and to all the UE team, evenb if the mod haven't come out yet

CONGRATULATION ON A JOB WELL DONE, all of ou took the time an effort to finish one of the most aticipated mods ever

WING COMMANDER: UNKNOW ENEMIG

Don't know why you appeared as unregistered... but thanks!

Lots of people do usually downgrade music, in movies and games... not too important... doesn't take much time to do, etc. I can't stand that because in reality it's just as hard as everything else.

One of the things that's been wonderful for me working on this project is that I never faced that sort of problem. Everyone's been very nice to eachother, very complimentary about eachother's work, and never downgraded anything. Everything's been viewed equally. I think that's something that is very rare, and it's wonderful that we managed to acchieve it.

Thank you for the complement. Yes, I have written music other than things found on UE. You can see some of that at http://www.needaham.homestead.com/midis.html. It's nothing really special... and it's really outdated (last update was last march sometime... I really should update soon).

Working on UE has been wonderful. I really didn't have any experiance writing mood music, or background music, and UE helped me explore that. I also learned a lot about music working on UE (this chord progression has this effect on the listener and the like). It really has been a dream for me.

In case you didn't hear 15th Rampage, we are using the peice you made for us in one, maybe 2 places. Thank you very much for it.

Note about the webpage to UE development team: Yes the UE theme is on the page. No I did not think this was a problem due to the fact that it doesn't really have anything in it that gives anything away that we didn't already give away with the samples on UE's page... besides it's a lesser quality MIDI, and not the MP3. If this is a problem I can remove it.

Keep it up! :)

Lots of people do usually downgrade music, in movies and games... not too important... doesn't take much time to do, etc. I can't stand that because in reality it's just as hard as everything else.

I can completely sympathize with you... I've written very few things in my life and it's difficult to come by a little inspiration every once again. I've sat for months on end with just an intro to a song that I thought would be great if I could just find the rest of it. Then one day I sit myself down and play it, and the rest flows out naturally, and with a little tinkering all of a sudden I've got a complete piece... minus the bridge which takes me another month of letting it stagnate to come up with :| ... Talk about frustration. I appreciate a good soundtrack better than gameplay often. It reminds me of an old game I used to play constantly... Battlezone. The original had a soundtrack that was half decent, but when they came out with The Red Odyssey expansion, I was immediately more fond of this game without knowing why, because for the most part it looked exactly like the old game save for a new enemy. It was the soundtrack. The score was positively amazing. In my opinion a soundtrack can make or break a game (as well as bad acting (someone say Prophecy? *cough*)). I loved the graphics and gameplay, and Mark Hamill, Tom Wilson, and Hawk (damn his name escapes me) were at the top of their acting game as usual. Casey sucked, and Mastero, Zero, and MOST ESPECIALLY Stiletto weren't much better... the most attrocious acting award goes to Finley. Just DON'T look like you're feeling what you're saying, please. Ok that was off subject... sorry.

What's this about my icons being useful? I thought they were pointless. Oh well, if you need something like that again I'm still availble. I do mostly graphic art... modeling and texturing and script writing and the real nitty gritty of modding aren't my specialty, but I manage half decent graphics every once and again... though I know there are many folks around here skilled in such fields. I enjoyed making the icons thoroughly, simple though the task was... Proofreading the fiction was a real treat though (and I'll make it clear that I didn't do SOME proofreading, I went through the whole damned thing thank you, lol!) Either way, it's the simple things that I can do to help which keep me amused lol. Was quite the pleasure to be some small part in this. Best of luck with finishing things up, and I can't wait to see the musical score in action ;).

Back