Whats with the polls in the Main WC section?

Happy

Spaceman
Whats with the polls in the Main WC section?
some of them r just retarded.

ie
What is your Favorite Large-Carrier?
Who Thinks Angel is hot ? (Both, if you like)
We are your superiors
Who thinks Stiletto is hot?
Favorite Confed Cruiser (Kilrathi-War Era)...

i stoppped reading threads with polls attached, though i do vote on some of them.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing Kris to activate the polls option on the board.

Personally, I have a few complaints about polls.

- They don't say *anything*. Is there any inherent value in knowing which fighter is most popular? ("Oh, boy! People like the Rapier! I was wrong all this time!"). Furthermore, they're incredibly freaking predictable: the most popular ship will always be the best one from the game... the most popular game will always be the one that sold the most copies... and the most popular character will always be the main character.

- They detract from debates. Having a "Was Tolwyn right?" thread with a "YES OR NO" option means that no matter how intelligent your argument is you can be overruled by a bunch of teenagers and a radio-button.

- They're *predictable*. We've all done the 'favorite fighter', 'favorite game' and 'favorite chick' thing over and over and over and over and over. Maybe we could get some original polls?

Back