What would make it a great year for Wing Commander?

Most likely because fan projects are made by fans, not full-time software developers. Most of these projects are likely made during spare time.

Yes that's why I'd like to see progress. Some of these projects haven't seen progress in over a year. Products are finished when they are finished, but progress shows that there is still hope for an eventual final product.

I'd like to see a new Wing Commander game be released, hell, an announcement from EA would be fantastic by itself, but I would be satisfied if Raylight put out another Wing Commander game on the GBA or DS. Hell, I'd buy a PSP if they put something out on that.

Peace, love and harmony in the WC Universe.

WHAT???

Okay, maybe someone with a new idea of conflict, fear, threat and danger to continue the storyline...

Disclaimer: This shouldn't take anything away from HTL - I am amazed by your work. I just think it's time for the story to get a new twist.

The first episode of Standoff has already made it a better year than usual for Wing Commaner in my opinion.

I think it would be perfect if someone could permanently fix WC3 in Kilrathi Saga and if someone could make the keyboard interface work with WC2 in Kilrathi saga.

I personally would love to see more add ons and missions for WC1, perhaps up to the time of the tigers claw destruction

New books in the False Colors line and a new official game. :)
Realistically:
I think Standoff and The Reckoning mod are handling that just fine. :D

Back