What does the acronym CSS stand for?

Armored trucks aren't tanks. They also aren't guided missile cruisers. The only thing comparable to an armored truck in Wing Commander are the transports.

I can't remember the word in English, but I was talking about *maybe* corvettes and frigates as support ships for militia units on important systems...

I don't know, something on the line of Tanfen frigates on HTL (I know it's fan made)

Some local government capable of fielding small ships to work with/support the local fighter squadrons...

Some local government capable of fielding small ships to work with/support the local fighter squadrons...

That's still overkill.

There seems to be a fundamental fact being overlooked. The point of carriers, real to fictional, is to let the military have an airfield/spaceport anywhere they want without having to wait months or years to actually build one. Such utility is an insane concept for an armed force that operates in areas chock full of permanent starbases. And we do have craft that are jump-capable, so ferrying craft to a neighboring system is likewise wasted resources.

I mean, the whole concept is like putting a Nimitz-class carrier on permanent station in the Gulf of Mexico so that way our planes can get to Cuba, for no other reason than because the airbases in the rest of the United States aren't Nimitz-class carriers.

Right. All that militia fighters need IMO is in-flight refueling/rearming--a Condor-type vessel similar to the TCS Redeemer (or sometimes just a plain old fuel tanker) should be all the field support a militia squadron would need unless things are so heavy that they need to call in reinforcements anyway.

Back