Weird Skybox bug? Also can't install auto download patch...and other bugs...

gavinfoxx

Rear Admiral
Hi, I just reinstalled Standoff, and for some reason the skybox in the simulator mission 1 is... two different colors, with a jarring transition. What gives? How do I fix this? Also, I can't install the patch, it won't download (where do I get it manually?). Also when I select Options in the launcher, I get a run time error referencing mscomctl.ocx.

What do I do?

Hi. What's your Windows version and your video card model ? We did publish quite a few patches in the end taht may fix your problems, we should figure out why they're not downloading. When you say it won't download, what do you mean ? You see a update prompt, then a progress bar that show no actual progress ?

I get 'an update is available', and then click yes, and nothing happens at all. Checking task manager, Standoff Launcher is still running. I have Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1, and an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series.

I presume Internet Explorer is installed correctly and is fully updated ? Do you see the download progress window but the bar not progressing, or no download window at all ? Could the download window be working but be hidden behind another window ? Is the Standoff launcher icon visible in the taskbar as a running app while you say nothing is happening ? Can you hover the mouse over it and see the miniature of the download window there ? If so, can you right-click the miniature and select "Move" to bring the window back to the centre of your screen ?

No download window at all. IE is updated. The standoff icon on the taskbar closes as soon as I hit okay. Alt-Tab shows no behind a window Standoff launcher or anything. The task manager shows no Standoff anything under applications, JUST under processes.

Do you have some kind of "Internet protection"-enabled anti-virus or firewall, perhaps ? Tried disabling it ? What's your anti-virus software ?

Ah, just ran it in administration mode with the compatibility to windows xp for the launcher and it worked.

Great ! Glad you found your fix ! I forgot to mention it earlier, but you should always avoid installing old games such as WCP/SO in the "Program Files" folders, to avoid problems with UAC. That's most likely the reason why you had to setup the admin mode. You should always install old games in a separate folder such as C:\Games\, for example.

Back