Website update, May 22nd

Eder

Mr. Standoff
This friday's news update is mostly about a feature we hope to never make use of. :p

Edging forward

Another quiet week. Still clearing up mission bugs, and Quarto's still working on that final mission... assuming he's doing anything at all :-P. Still, a few more bugs did get fixed this week, and I imagine we'll soon be getting a whole new batch of bug reports, after the testers receive a new game build.

Meanwhile, Pierre is taking time off from fixing the sim missions, in order to implement semi-automatic game patching from the launcher (i.e,. an option to check our website for updates, and then download and install them if you so choose). Now, why would we need that, given that we keep on saying there's not going to be any patches after the final release? :-P Well, I hope this is something that never, ever actually needs to be used. But, given the amount of changes involved in the graphics upgrades, we have to be prepared for compatibility issues.

Take all the time you need. This feature, even if all want it never to be used, might just be needed in the end.

In some WC related news of mine, I did manage to come across a WC movie clearout in a local DVD club and bought it for 2 Euros. Talk about underpriced...

Anyways, this got me thinking about how cool would a movie/ CGI feature of Standoff would be... anyways, with your help guys, we 'll all get to play through a great WC movie from beginning to end, come August the 10th.

Back