Website update, July 24th

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
So, here's this week's news update. 17 days left... darn, that's really not a lot. But hey, if 14 days was enough for Blair to stop Tolwyn in WC4, I'm sure we can make it too :).

Getting closer
This week has been much quieter than the last - the only major landmark to note is that Tempest's finally delivered the last two lines of voiceovers from our last external actor. Now he just needs to deliver the last remaining lines (49 of them) for the character he's playing himself, and we'll finally be done :-P.

As for the rest of our progress, I could probably copy & paste from last week's update - I'm working on graphics, Alex and Pierre are working on programming graphics improvements and bugfixes, and Quarto's squishing bugs left, right and center. His job is made easier this week by Dundradal still being out of action, and therefore no new bugs flowing in. We'll see how it goes next week.

Yeah yeah...wait till Tuesday then we'll be closing them left and right...and hopefully not finding any new ones.

Whoo, almost didn't realise the birthday is getting that close.

And don't worry, Hawk only had to go 20 hours without sleep. You can too. n.n

I just rigged up my system to support my old HOTAS setup, and I'll play through the enhanced version in one go.

Is there any implemantation on the vision to have another display monitor outside views(to record them) while I use the cockpit view to fly by?

No, there isn't... I don't think most modern games even support that kind of thing, let alone WCP.

MS Flight simulator has supported it for a long time, i believe falcon3 and some microsoft sims(strike eagle/atak from the early 90's) support it too.

I could imagine WC that was always cutting edge when it came to hardware specs, was not build to render an extra image in real time.

Well, yeah, probably at the time when WCP came out, rendering different images on another screen in real time would have been a challenge.

Come to think of it, though, the basic functionality in theory *is* there, to some limited degree. That little camera (...which we don't use in Standoff) that shows the current target, it's a cockpit element, so you could probably enlarge it and display it on another screen. Of course, making it display the view you specifically want, instead of just showing your target, that might be harder.

(and, before anyone gets any ideas - no, we're not going to do it :p. We have our hands full already, especially on the graphics updates front)

Well, yeah, probably at the time when WCP came out, rendering different images on another screen in real time would have been a challenge.

Come to think of it, though, the basic functionality in theory *is* there, to some limited degree. That little camera (...which we don't use in Standoff) that shows the current target, it's a cockpit element, so you could probably enlarge it and display it on another screen. Of course, making it display the view you specifically want, instead of just showing your target, that might be harder.

(and, before anyone gets any ideas - no, we're not going to do it :p. We have our hands full already, especially on the graphics updates front)

Considering that there's code for the main view to switch camera's (chase camera's, missile camera's, victim cameras etc), I imagine there could be a round about way to hack one of those presets to show at the same time as the cockpit view...

Hehe, yeah. I can't wait to show people what the game looks like.

Considering that there's code for the main view to switch camera's (chase camera's, missile camera's, victim cameras etc), I imagine there could be a round about way to hack one of those presets to show at the same time as the cockpit view...

This is indeed what i figured, but this depends on the game engine and how it handles the drawing of screens, and being able to handle more then one point of view simultaniously.

and, before anyone gets any ideas - no, we're not going to do it :p .
:(

Back