weapons.xml bug

Iceblade

Admiral
Uh you have an error in your weapons.xml. Too many elements, need to declare more. I am using a clean install of version 1.6 with the patch. Unforunately I don't see why this error exists, the files look correct, 48 weapons are listed (0-47) and exist.

The error only occurs upon entering a mission even in the simulator. Also with the ship viewer, the game thinks that there are 45 ships when there are only 44. It crashes complaining that it can't find a file....found the error, there is an extra enter at the bottom of the shipviewer file.

Error message for above is "You used too many elements in weapons.xml , please declare more." I can't seem to find where the problem is at in the weapons.xml file.

The problem only occurs with the 1.6.2 patch however.

Same crashing bug, I applied the patches in order and it crashed on both everytime I started a mission. Has anybody even used these patches? I can't believe that I'm the only one to have this problem.

Any progress on fixing the crash? Or are you not able to reproduce it. It is not a problem with the part of the weapons files as the shipviewer works fine. Speaking of the shipviewer, you are going to want to fix the shipviewer.txt by removing the last enter at the end. Not only does it cause the shipviewer to crash when reaching the 45th ship, but also shipviewer will sometimes give me the weapons error crash with this 45th enter.

Back