WCSO Mission Briefing (again)

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
Okay...here's the dealy.

This is the old thread:
http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=9595

I've been trying to add in a mission briefing to my mission already there, but it's giving me an error:

"Cmission::Update - unknown command! 0"

(Read without the quotes)

Obviously I'm calling an action the program (Secret Ops) doesn't understand. (Note: The mission compiles and plays just fine).

Whenever the MS_RunBriefing; line is added to my MAIN function, I get this error. Everytime. Without fail.

What am I doing wrong?

function MAIN;
begin
MS_RunGameflow(0);
MS_RunBriefing;
MS_RunSpaceflight(0);
end;

HOWEVER!

When I change my MAIN function to the following:

function MAIN;
begin
MS_RunBriefing;
MS_RunGameflow(0);
MS_RunBriefing;
MS_RunSpaceflight(0);
end;

The mission loads and runs the briefing just fine. I don't understand why!

WCSO will ignore some kinds of redundancies, but the briefing always comes before the mission run commands and I believe gameflow is a mission-related command. This is of course just a prelimary look, so try this and see if it works:

function MAIN;
begin
MS_RunBriefing;
MS_RunGameflow(0);
MS_RunSpaceflight(0);
end;

I have tried that - and I've tried putting it after MS_RunGameFlow(0); which is where Quarto told me it should be (in the other thread).

The only way this mission will play the briefing is if it's in both places - removing it from either one generates the same error. It's driving me nuts.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Compiler verison I'm using, I know there are certain things to use 24d for and certain things to use 24c for, but I can't find the old thread that details which to use for which, so for the moment I'm using 24c because I KNOW 24d generates a nasty crash-bug-thingy some of the time.

Back