WCPedia sources?

Mjr. Whoopass

<FONT color=lightblue><B>I was going to say someth
I was just wondering if a place for sources could be added to the WCPedia entries? I've been reading through them and have came accross info that I hadn't read about in the books or heard from the games and was wondering where it came from.

For instance, the pilot "high scores" on the TCS Tiger's Claw is something I didn't encounter in the SNES version. I was wondering where this info was from. Also, I read about certain battles that I hadn't heard of before and was wondering where they could be found. I don't just want the answer to these questions, but was rather making a suggestion that a place for sources could be made for these entries. This might also help the admins review entries for accuracy and see if it is backed up by accepted Wing Commander sources or something that was an embellishment by the person entering the info.

I would suggest even a small section that could be optional where the entry could be as simple as "Wing Commander 2 PC version", "Super WC", "Action Stations p. 45-48", or just "Action Stations".

You bring up a good point. It's something we will certainly have to address at some point. I think we haven't tackled it yet because our main effort is on WC1 mission entries (which would essentially only have 2 main sources for info, the WC1 script and the USG, but that's not to say additional info may not come from something else).

As we go through more of the WC sources I definitely think we would begin to add a "sources" section at the bottom of every page. I know I created a few articles that definitely need a sources section (Bear's entry, Kirha's, etc) but have been pulled away from them in order to concentrate efforts on WC1.

I'll make sure to bring up this point tomorrow at the meeting so we can figure out a universal way of citing sources.

That's awesome. You guys may want to put WC1 PC version or something like that especially for offshoot information like the Rostov ice cream treat (WC1 SNES) and Rostov alchoholic beverage (WC1 PC). I'm not sure if I was right about the Rostov references, but I wanted to give an example that could use references and I remembered something like that in the SNES/PC differences.

Back