WCKS: WC1: Kurusawa 2, the Mission From Hell

Penta2

Spaceman
OK.

This is severely pissing me off.

I cannot beat this mission. As soon as I arrive, the Ralari goes kaboom.

Is it *possible* to save the Ralari? At all?

Yes it is ! But you need a lot of luck and patience and skill to pull it off :
I only succeeded 3 times in almost 15 years since I first played the game !
(however last time was 2 months ago, after 11 failed attempts)
You can read CIC's suggestion here :
https://www.wcnews.com/guides/wc1kurasawa.shtml

But what is not mentioned there, is that you need to taunt them as much as possible to get them to attack you. This is very difficult on your own, as you need all of your focus on destroying them ASAP.
If you have someone willing to help you with the taunting as I had the first time, it's less difficult.
Also, to make it easier & less time consuming, fly around the asteroid field to skip the fight there & to make sure you arrive at the Ralari in mint condition, so you can also ram them a couple of times with less risk of dying yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read CIC's tips & they're actually not that helpful, so here's some tips I read about the mission a few years ago

Use your afterburners to get there asap. Use all your missiles as early as possible, but keep in mind that missiles do a lot more damage to the hull than to the shields! Switch targets often, actually, as soon as the Gratha you're engaging is disengaging the Ralari, because the others are still firing on her, and if you go chasing 1 of them, you will never succeed. Use taunt if you can find the time or if you've got someone willing to help you. Ramming them is also effective to get them to stop firing at the Ralari immediately but briefly, but don't do it more than 2 or 3 times & as I said before, evade the asteroid field to arrive at the Ralari without damage & quicker as you did not have to fight the Salthi's ;)

Thanks, but...

<howl>

Does it matter if I fail this one (IE, does it affect the game any?)

I'm pondering letting the Ralari die and just finishing the Gratha.

If you let the Ralari die you lose Kurasawa and goto Rostov. (I think it's Rostov anyway)

Yes you do go to rostov if you fail Kurasawa 2. Personally, I like the Rostov series since you get to fly Raptors (my favourite WC1 ship) with Iceman (my favourite WC1 wingman). You can still beat the game if you don't save the Ralari, but it will take a bit longer. You should still try to beat that mission though just for personal satisfaction. Just keep trying the tactics already mentioned and eventually luck will smile on you and you will do it.

Back